Amelia

I continued walking. It was the end of the day, and I was tired. My walk home wasn't too bad, but it was today. My last class is History, the worst class of all time! I never understood it, and the teacher was so boring! They're already dead! Why should I care?
When the teacher talked, she acted like History was the best thing on Earth, which it isn't! I mean, come on!

I continued tiredly down the sidewalk, ignoring the stupid guys looking me over as they always did. Idiots, I thought to myself as they cat-called me. When I turned the corner at Wal-Mart, I couldn't help but notice a man following me. He seemed to be middle aged, maybe early forties, and he wore a trench coat and some old, tan slacks. Maybe it's just a coincidence? I thought. I hurried my pace, but the man was still following me, even faster than before. Uh oh. I started to run.

My tiredness seemed to disappear and was replaced with fear. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, and the only sound I could hear was my heart pounding. As I turned the next corner, I stopped to catch my breath. When I did, I tried to hear if there were any footsteps. Nothing... I slowly peaked out from behind the wall, but saw no one.

Where did he go? I asked myself, looking around. I heard a noise, and I turned around to see the man, who grabbed me and covered my mouth, pressing on my neck with his other hand.

"Shh..." He said, voice surprisingly gentle and kind.

I screamed, my voice muffled, but then the world started to turn black as I grew tired.

  Then I passed out.