Amelia

We were cleaning up Friday's house, finding nothing else to do. Yesterday was horrible, not being able to find Friday or anything about the place they took him. My nerves with Lorita were short, my mood getting in the way of everything. I was pissed, and you know when I'm pissed because I don't swear. Lorita was trying to make me do stuff all today and all yesterday when I just wanted to lay in bed and die. So, as you can tell, I wasn't doing so well, and neither was anyone else. Microchip was fixing a light in the hallway--the hallway we were all in--when there was a gentle knock on the door.

My breath caught, and we all whipped our heads to the door.

"Should we answer?" whispered Jason.

Razz shrugged. "I don't think we should."

"What if it's someone who can help?" Becky questioned further.

Madeline shrugged, setting her broom down carefully. The person knocked again, making my heart jump.

"If it's someone hostile," said Connor, "we need to hide Micro and find places for us to hide as well."

We nodded. Microchip jumped down from the light and hitched a ride on Charitie's shoulder, then all of us but Madie and Becky split up, Charitie putting Microchip in the secret lab's hallway and locking the tiny door. We were all hiding near the door, watching tentatively. I was trembling with fear, worry knotting in my gut. My brain was giving me bad vibes, and Lorita was equally unsettled, making her face grow dim.

Madie took a deep breath, then opened the door. A tall man stood in front of her, his grin strange. He wore a nice pair of slacks, and a long sleeved shirt and a tie. He had black hair and grey eyes, and he had a small scar from his forehead to his cheek. Madie swallowed thickly. "Who are you?" She attempted.

The man's grin widened. "You must be one of the Time Watchers. I am Ethan, and I was sent here to chat with all of you kids."

Madeline slammed the door on the man, then latched the door and whirled around. "RUN!!!"

Don't have to tell me twice! I thought, running to the window. All the Time Watchers followed me, each of us leaping out the window as quietly as we could. We rushed towards the fence and leaped over it, then continued to run down to the woods in the back. Evelyn held her sister's hand, dragging her sister along with her. Charitie grasped Evelyn's hand, previously falling behind the girls. Somehow, Evelyn got in front of me. Man, she's FAST! I thought as I followed them. We could hear people running behind us, shouting wildly as we were able to go through spaces they were unable to.

My heart felt like jumping out of my chest because of how hard it was pounding. I was so scared, and I felt like crying because of my fear.

"Don't stop, Amelia!" Lorita egged on. "Keep going!"

I would have glared at her because I didn't want to hear her voice at all, but in the predicament we were in right now, I just ran. Somehow, we were able to run away from the people, and we all sat down or bent over to catch our breath.

"Who are they?!" Charitie whisper-shouted.

"I don't know," Evelyn panted, "but whoever they are, they aren't good."

"Obviously," I said in a snarky manner. No one bothered responding to me, probably because we were all in a life-or-death situation.

"They--*gasp*--must be--*gasp*--the people who are--*gasp*--after Friday." Madie breathed.

Evelyn hurried over to her sister, holding her hand as she continued to gasp. "Man, I wish we had your inhaler." Evelyn muttered--half to herself.

"We have to keep going." Insisted Razz, taking a shaky breath.

"Give--*gasp*--me a sec." Madie held up her index finger, panting wildly.

"Here, Time Watchers..." Hissed Ethan, and I noticed for the first time that he had a slight Irish accent.

We all froze as we heard his footsteps close by--and many others, to be frank--, the crunch of leaves under all of their feet.

"We won't hurt ya... We just want to talk... We can help you..."

Razz pointed the other way, indicating an escape route. We all nodded, then quietly tip-toed away. When we were out of the woods, we bolted, our hearts pounding like the school bell. It felt like eons as we ran, not sure of where to go. We ended up at some gas station... Although I don't know how...

"Oh, man! I'm so worried!" Whimpered Samantha. Samantha was a strong watch, and hearing something like that come out of her took me back a bit. "We're all going to get captured or worse! What are we going to do?!"

"Shh..." Hushed Connor gently. "We'll think of something, Sam. Don't worry..."

"Don't worry?" Jericho scoffed. "Oh, I'm worried. We're all going to get destroyed! Don't you--" He stopped as all the watches' faces blinked.

"A mission? Now?" Evelyn sounded angry, although surprised at the same time.

"Where do we need to go this time?" I asked.

Madeline looked down at Becky, then blinked, her brow furowing. "Back to Andrew's time?... I thought we helped him."

"We did!" Protested Charitie.

"Well, he must've gotten himself into some trouble again." Razz sighed. "Should we jump?"

"I'll jump anywhere as long as it gets us away from here!" Shouted Jason.

We all hurried out of sight, then went to the correct time, and then pressed the button.