Amelia

The Time Watchers huddled into a defensive circle, each of us on either side. We all held up our watches, who quickly pulled out their weird arm things, electricity bouncing off of the metal. Robots circled us, all armed with various guns. Some guns hummed, some had rolling barrels, some glowed, some were small, some were big, etcetera etcetera. I recognized almost all of the robots. Some looked new, though. A golden retriever with only three legs weaved its way through the robots, barking and wagging its tail. It ran circles around us, or more appropriately, hobbled. The robots were led by one man in a lab coat, who held a gun that had three fin like things on it. Glass that held a pink and purple substance surrounded the area where the barrel would be. The muzzle had three rings around it. The man had a vicious snarl on his face, gun pointed at us fiercely. When he recognized our faces, he slowly lowered his gun, expression softening.

"Kids?" He asked, almost in disbelief.

"Friday?" Asked Evelyn, taking a step forward.

Charitie stopped Evelyn with an arm blocking her way. "Wait! He could be an imposter like the other one."

We eyed him, Friday giving us a strange look. Charitie took a single step, almost unsure of herself, and asked, "Are you the doctor?"

To my surprise, Friday started to laugh, seeming to remember something. "I'm not the doctor," he said with an overdramatic tone. Then he clapped once, slapped both knees, and snapped, squatting with finger guns held up at us, all the while with a wide smile. "I'm the Professor."

"It's him!" Exclaimed Razz, the kids rushing at him and hugging him. I ran up with them, extremely relieved to see his face. Never thought I'd feel that way, but after everything, it was nice to see him. He laughed and hugged back, seeming a bit awkward with his embrace. The robots lowered their guns, too, seeming much more friendly and happy.

"Friday, you're okay!" Madie embrace him harder.

"Dad!" Connor buried his face in Friday's chest.

I pulled away a bit to look him in the eyes, and he looked back. "Why didn't you tell us you had autism?"

"Yeah, why?" Questioned Evelyn, looking at him too.

He sighed and let go, and we did too. He seemed to be sorry, either for us or himself. Probably for us. "I didn't know how you all would react. Whether you would make fun of me, see me differently, baby me... I just didn't want you all to see me any differently. I want to be seen as me, and when I'm around you guys, I can do that. I'm sorry I kept it from y'all. Really, I am."

"We don't see you differently." Said Razz, holding onto him again.

Everyone nodded or agreed.

He sighed again, releasing a breath he had been holding.

"Well, I mean, one person sees you differently." Razz said, looking smuggly at Connor.

Friday looked at Connor, too, smiling. "Yeah, I heard him call me something other than my name. What was it again? Dad?"

Connor nodded. "I made up my mind when we were gone. I'd like you to adopt me. If it's alright with you, I mean."

Friday beamed even more. "I'd be honored." He said, dipping his head.

The retriever was still running about, barking happily. The dog went up to Friday and jumped up on him, trying to lick him.

Friday scratched behind the dog's ear. "Oh, have you met Benjamin yet? I found him in an alley that smelled like cabbage."

Connor scratched the dog's back, and the Time Watchers went up to pet him. I stayed back, not sure if the dog was sanitary. I already felt gross because we didn't have a single bath while we were doing our mission. I didn't want to become even more disgusting. Friday was babying the dog, talking in a sing-song voice and making faces at him. Ben seemed extremely happy with what Friday was doing, and started jumping up and down, trying to get to his face.