Chapter 21 - Like the Superheros of Old

Start from the beginning

“Sounds like a good plan,” Craig said. “But hang on a sec; isn’t St. Ives contaminated with radiation?”

“Yes, but we will be underground, by the time we any radiation zone,” Salik said calmly, as Yinsing drove through what used to be Kellyville. However, due to the fighting between mutants and military over the years the suburb had been levelled. It was nothing, but dust and sand. The only traces left of anything resembling any sort of civilisation, was the broken asphalt road, in which they drove on.

“So what' are your names?” Yinsing asked, “I just realised I never asked before.”

“Well I’m Craig Graham, and this my wife Sally.” he said, pointing to Lucy’s Mum.

“I’m Kelly Galengino,” Mum said, introducing herself.

“It's nice to meet you, guys,” Salik said, as they now drove Castle Hill.

Being the only vehicle on a road, that used have thousands on it at a time, just meant they could make it to their destination quicker. Instead, of travelling at the legal speed of sixty kilometres per hour, they were flying through suburbs at speeds, exceeding a hundred and eighty.

*

After about fifteen minutes of waiting and chatting to the girls, Indino finally exits the Holoroom. He had Ashley in his arms; the training must have made her pass out. The smile on Indino's face, told that the training session between him and Ashley went pleasantly well.

He took her, into another room in the hallway. He put her down on to a bed, and came back to the dining room. “So how did you go, Vince?” he asked me.

“I thought I did good, I found two new abilities, teleportation and shape-shifting,” I replied excitedly, “I was thinking for when I’m Xeno mode.”

Yes, I called my Xenopian transformation, Xeno-mode. It's actually surprising, how well that caught on after that.

“Xeno-mode,” Jenny asked, raising one eyebrow at me.

“Yea I just thought of it, cool aye?” I answered.

“I like it,” Indino said, with joy.

“If you’re talking about the Xenopian transformation, then yeah it does sound pretty good,” Mel said.

Me “But as you were saying, about when you're in Xeno-mode, Vince,” Indino asked, with curiosity glowing in his eyes.

“Yeah as I was saying,” I started. “I was thinking foe when I’m Xeno-mode, because this would suit me so well.”

“Just get to the point,” Mel said, yawning.

“I want samurai swords,” I blurted out.

Everyone looked at me; it felt like time had just froze, because I couldn't even here the clock ticking. There were no sounds, not even the movement of a dust particle. I looked to the clock; I couldn’t believe half the day had gone already. It felt like we were in the Holoroom, for only an hour. Nevertheless, I could see the second hand moving, letting me know time had not stopped.

“Samurai swords,” Indino said, finally breaking the awkward silence. “I might have some, somewhere, but why would you want them, when you got powers?”

“Because when I’m in Xeno-mode, I think Samurai swords would be good for, an alter ego per say,” I said in reply. He looked at me funny, and the girls shook their heads in disappointment.

“I don’t understand, alter ego?” he said sounding rather confused. “I really don’t think, that will be necessary.”

“It's like Spider-man, Indino.” I answered. “His real name was Peter Parker.” He still didn’t get it; I guess growing up and all, under the streets Sydney, you miss out on that sort of thing.