|Varchie|

Thx for the request ashleysucks24

I hope you like it! Enjoy!

The wind whipped Veronica's hair, causing it to stick to her glossed lips

The wind whipped Veronica's hair, causing it to stick to her glossed lips. Walking through the door the air slammed it shut before she could turn around and close it.

"I'm home!" She yelled through the medium-sized house... Only to get no answer, her heart rate quickened.

Running into the living room she sighed with relief seeing Archie snoring up a storm on the couch.

"Oh thank god," She mumbled, going into the kitchen to unpack the groceries. 

~

Maybe it could only be understood by someone who was there... Or experienced it.

Veronica and Archie sat their silently watching their new favorite show, it was just getting good... An emergency broadcast popped up on the screen. 

"Please stay inside, I repeat this is a tornado warning, a tornado—" Before the dude could finish his sentence the TV flicked off and the lights went out.

The wind slammed against the house outside, as sirens started to go off... This was it, this is how they were going to die.

"Oh my god! The girls upstairs." Archie yelled jumping to his feet. 

"Girls?" Veronica questioned confused. 

They had a daughter named Reese who was six years old. 

"Reese had her friend Maddie over." Archie panicked as they made it to Reese's room. 

Archie reached for the nob only for the door to fly open, to come face to face with a crying Maddie. 

Pushing past the parents Maddie ran down the stairs, causing Veronica to run after her. 

"Maddie wait you can't go outside!" Veronica yelled but it was too late, Maddie was already on her bike riding away. 

Veronica ran back up the steps to see Archie and Reese talking. 

"I tried to stop her," Veronica said sadly if of happens to Maddie it's all her fault. "Now we really must get to the basement."

All three up them went quickly down the steps, but Reese went for the front door instead. 

"Reese no!" Archie said pulling her back. 

"I can't go without Maddie... I must go save her." Reese whined. 

Archie pulled her over his shoulder, taking her toward the basement. "I'm sorry." Is all that escaped his lips as Reese continued to cry.

The family made their way down the basement as the wind continued to roar. Making their way to the pool table they could now hear the tornado destroying everything in its path. 

As Archie went to grab some pillows and blankets Veronica tried not to cry but as the tears kept building up she couldn't hold them in anymore. 

Salty water escaped her eyes running down her cheeks and some her neck. Archies put a comforting arm around her shoulders as Reese stealing in on her lap. 

"Mummy I'm scared." She mumbled, putting her face in Veronicas chest. 

"It's ok honey... Everything is going to be just fine." Veronica soothed, rubbing her back in circles. 

Everything was not ok. The parents had fallen asleep, but Reese had stayed awake. Hearing everything. Hours had passed as she finally had fallen asleep... Only to be awoken. 

The sound of glass shattering that night awoke Archie from his sleep. His eyes were peeled open, as relief took over that he was ok. Looking around he saw the basement just the same thank god.

Looking down at the sleeping Veronica in his arms, caused a smile to form on his lips. Her face was buried in his neck, as her arms rested right on his torso. even if they woke up this way every morning... Archie still felt as though every time was perfect. 

Kissing her forehead, he looked her over for any injuries. None. One eye opened looking at her redheaded husband in front of her. Feeling cold she snuggled closer to Archie getting his attention. 

"Good morning." She mumbled her breath fanning his arm... Causing goosebumps. 

"Good morning Ronnie." He said in a husky voice kissing her. "...And good morning Rees-" 

He stopped midsentence, looking to where he last saw Reese... Gone. Scrambling to their feet they crawled out looking around the basement. 

"Reese!" They called out, looking around frantically. 

There was no answer. 

"Maybe she went upstairs," Archie said looking at Veronica. Tears built up her eyes as he pulled her into a hug. "I'll go get her... You stay down here." 

"No Archie I'm coming to," Veronica said standing her ground. 

"I can't take the risk of losing both of you." He said sternly as there were no tears in his eyes as well. 

"I can't let you leave me down here alone-" 

"Ronnie I'll be back with Reese before you know it... She needs our help." He said walking toward the stairs... Only to have two words stop him. 

"I'm pregnant," Veronica said loudly, causing him to turn. 

He sighed walking over, placing his hands on her shoulders... His thumbs brushing against her collarbone. 

"I'll be back..." He said as a tear snaked down his cheek. 

"I don't know what I would do without you." She mumbled kissing him. 

"Everything will be fine." He assured walking up the stairs. 

It was dead silent as Veronica waited alone... Scared to death. Almost all her nails were bitten off as she snuggled the blanket here and Archie was in before. It smelled like him, which only made her feel worse. 

"Veronica!" Archies voice called as his loud footsteps were heard on the stairs. 

She ran over to him collapsing in his arms taking in his sent. "I missed you so much." She mumbled pulling away... Looking around their was no Reese insight.

"Where's Reese?" Veronica questioned. 

"She's uh... She's dead." Archie said trying to keep it together but failing. "I'm so sorry most of the house is still standing but some stuff fell and a pan fell right on her head." He said looking down. "Once I saw that I waited a few minutes up there not wanting to come and tell you." 

Sobs escaped Veronicas lips as the couple stood there hugging and crying together. 

"I'm so sorry Ronnie," Archie mumbled kissing her head. "If only I had been watching her."

"Archie don't you dare blame us... It was both of our faults." She said sternly through tears. 

"Alright." He mumbled.

Just then there was a loud crash, startling the both of them. Archie made his way over to the stairs where the noise came from only to see the ceiling caved in... Thier way in and out was blocked... They were trapped.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

THANKS FOR READING MORE REQUEST COMING YOUR WAY... SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG!

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED.