|Bughead|

Three years ago today Betty had left… Jughead missed her warm lips against his, the surprise hugs. How they would work cases together…

The chaos going about in his mind was nothing compared to the emptiness in his heart. 

It seemed as though there was a hole in the middle… Just waiting for Betty to come back and fill it. 

The way she left was even harder to handle… No warning. Nothing.

Everything came flooding back as he was broken beyond repair… The only one to fix him… Gone.

~

"Hey Jug." She said smiling as they sat in FP's trailer home.

"Yeah?" He questioned confused.

"You know I love you right?" She asked looking down messing with his soft fingers.

"Yeah, of course… And do you wanna know something?" He asked with a smiled.

"What?" She murmured confusedly.

"I love you too." He said.

Pulling him into a kiss minutes later being humans they had to break away for air.

"Hey, Jug I gotta go," Betty said hurriedly getting up.

"Why?" He whined like a two-year-old trying to pull her back.

"I don't want Veronica to get mad… I promised we would have a sleepover." She said sternly. 

If only he knew she was lying.

"Good, then I'll walk you out." He smiled. 

Opening the door Betty made her way to her mom's car that she borrowed.

"Well, bye Jug." She mumbled kissing him. 

That would be their last kiss… For a long time. 

"See ya." He said opening the door for her.

If only he had noticed the suitcases in the back.

~

It was still a mystery at why she left, no one in the town knew… Not even their parents. 

Alice could go on and on about it being Jughead fault… Sometimes he might actually believe it.

No one is sure why the town likes to blame Jughead for everything, maybe it was the fact that everyone last saw her with him. 

A week before she ran away half the town saw how happy they were together so things just… Well… aren't adding up. 

Jughead sometimes feels the need to blame himself. 

Why else would she have left? We're his only thoughts. Her life was perfect.

Now no one even knows if she's ok, her parents have given up on finding her and to be honest Jughead has to. 

Almost falling asleep at the wheel, Jughead peels his eyes open. He hasn't gotten very much sleep since she left… With all the comfort she brought having vanished.

Pulling up to the nearest gas station the only thing in his mind was coffee. 

It should keep him awake so he can make it to the nearest hotel where he is to meet the others for the road trip during spring break. Right now they were in Green Dale.

Just as he was walking toward the cashier their was a small tug on his pant leg. Glancing down afraid at what he might see his eyes were met with a little girl, around four years old.