|Varchie|

Today was a very very sad day... Today it was Hope's funeral.

First off you may be wondering who's Hope? Five years ago today actually Hope Andrews entered the world. Veronica and Archie were thrilled to be parents, not to mention a little scared at first as well. 

But in that one moment, it seemed as though time had stopped for them... The world had crashed upon them, as no one saw it coming. 

Nothing was ever the same after... Nor will it ever be again. 

"Ronnie, are you almost done?" Archie called from the living room up the stairs to where Veronica was getting ready.

"Just a few more minutes!" She called back weakly, as he could hear the pain in her voice, slowly it put a stab in his heart. 

Everything was now messed up, no one knew what to do, no one had prepared for this, more importantly, no one ever asked for this... they never asked for this.

"Let's go." Her voice was heard over his shoulder as he turned his head.

"Ronnie please come sit for a minute... Let's talk about this." He said quietly not knowing what else to do. 

Wanting so much for the old Veronica to appear he knew that it was a wish... That would never come true.

"We are going to be late to our daughters funeral." She said walking out the door trying not to shed one of the many tears that were clouding up in her eyes.

He sighed getting up and following suit.

Of course, they were one of the first ones there as Veronica kneeled down beside the small casket...

"I'm so sorry Hope... It is all my fault, if only I had been keeping a closer eye on you would you still be here." Veronica said as Archie could see water roll down the casket...

"Ronnie please don't cry... Everything will be just fine." He said not trying to reassure her... But himself. 

"How can everything be fine? Our daughter is dead... My daughter is dead." She screamed getting everyone's attention from nearby.

"Ronnie I'm so sorry... If only I was there." Archie said pulling her into a hug, feeling her tears soak through his shirt.

"I thought today would be easier since it's been weeks." Her muffled voice sounded through the air.

"It's ok Ronnie... It'll get better." He said as she pulled her face out locking eyes with his. 

Using the pad of his thumbs he gently wiped the falling tears away.

"I love you and your optimism Archie but how are you taking this so well?" Veronica questioned.

"Because I have to... Be strong for you." He said placing a kiss go her rosy cheek.

"I–I don't know what to say..." She trailed off at the end trying to find the words.

"Let's just say our goodbyes..." Archie mumbled kneeling down in front of the casket as Veronica soon did the same it brought the memories flooding back.

~

"Hope? Sweetie come on let's go to the park!" Veronica called grabbing her phone and purse.

"Hi, mommy!" Hope said running into the room. "When will daddy be home?"

"Soon... After we get home from the park." Veronica promised.

No one knew that Hope wouldn't be coming home that night.

The day had gone by slowly Hope started doing the monkey bars, with another little girl. Veronica took this time to text Archie back. 

Be Home soon XOXO

There was then a scream cutting her off from sending a heart emoji... Looking up fast Hope was nowhere in sight. 

"Hope?" Veronica called only to get no answer. 

Her heart started pumping fast as adrenaline started rising. Scanning the park it seemed as though everyone had just disappeared.

"What the fudge?" She questioned still using her fake cuss words that would be used by her daughter. 

Finally looking at the parking lot she saw it... All the people. Jogging over there scanning the crowd for Hope she had no luck. 

Why was everyone surrounded by the front of a truck? 

Then she saw it... Hopes body, bloody and mangled. 

"I'm so sorry." Someone kept apologizing repeatedly. "I didn't see her." 

Veronica tuned everyone out as she pulled her bloodied daughter into her arms, and that was when sirens filled the air.  

"I'm very sorry but your daughter fell into a coma... Most people would have died from a hit like that but it seems as though she's a fighter." The doctor told the young parents hours later causing their hearts to break. 

"No... This can't be." Veronica yelped bursting into tears. 

"I'm very sorry ma'am." The doctor said walking away. 

Archie pulled Veronica into his arms. 

"It's ok we just have to have hope... For Hope." He said as Veronica gave a small giggle. 

The next day they would walk in with all the hope in the world... If only that were enough. 

All their hope would vanish as their daughter was soon to be dead. 

"I–I can't," Archie said shoving himself up from the ground. Surprising himself, Veronica and everyone who just got there. He ran to the parking lot and sat in their car bawling his eyes out. Something that he so desperately wanted to keep in.

"Archie," Veronica said getting into the car and sitting in his lap. "please talk to me." Running her fingers across his shoulder blade. "Please let me be here for you like you've always been for me."

"She was my little girl and now she's gone." Bursting into tears together they sat silently crying in each other.

"Maybe we could have another baby soon," Veronica said breaking the dead silence.

"Are you sure… I mean this has been hard enough, what if it happens again—"

"It won't." She said cutting him off harshly.

"Ok," He mumbled placing his hands on her hips. "let's go home."

~

A month later Veronica ended up pregnant… Again.

The parents were soon able to get over their daughter's death knowing that Hope was at peace… In heaven.

"Happy birthday to you—" Archie and Veronica were cut off by the doorbell, early in the morning on their sons third birthday.

"I wonder who that could be?" Archie mumbled walking towards the door.

Cutting up the waffles Veronica set it in front of their son putting extra whipped cream on top.

"Veronica!" Archie called catching Veronica by surprise. As she got to the door she saw a woman.

"If you'll just listen—"

The lady was cut off.

"Hi mommy, his daddy." By a little girl coming out from behind her legs.

Their it was… The four words that shocked them the most. 

This was Hope? But Hope was dead… or was she?

- - - - - - -

I TAKE REQUESTS SO PLS REQUEST I'LL TAKE ANYTHING IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS. 

I hope you enjoyed and thx for reading!