67

*Still Your POV*

After helping some customers out, Layla and I had to go over to the checkout station. The lines were absolutely huge and since the regular checkout worker wasn't doing shit, Layla fired her and we had to do all the work.

"So, how are things going with you and Julian?" Layla asked, as she gave some change to a customer.

"Good. He's gone to LA to try out for a new job." I said, as I scanned a few T-Shirts.

"Oh, really? What job?" Layla asked, taking off some tags from some dresses.

"BPN Records offered him a vacancy to be Malu Trevejo's assistant. I don't know much it pays but he'll be gone for a few days." I said.

"Oh. Just in case he does get the job, make sure that he's ok." Layla said. I gave her a weird look.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't Julian be ok?" I asked, as I handed a bag full of newly bought clothes to a customer.

"A friend of mine used to work for Malu and she is a bitch. All she does is yell, she's a little brat who will kick up a fuss if she doesn't get what she wants." Layla said.

Is it a good idea for Julian to be doing this? I mean, yeah, we need the money and this will be a great opportunity for him, but it's not worth it if he's going to be bullied by someone.

"Maybe, I should tell him." I said, in denial about the whole thing.

"It's your call, y/n. This would be great for you, but he's your man. He needs to know the risks." Layla said. I nodded.

Layla left to go to the back room. I continued to work at the cash register and the lines eventually cleared up. I went over to the front door of the store and turned the sign, the store was now closed.

I went to the changing rooms. It was like a pig sty! There were clothes everywhere! I mean, you would expect it because the store was really busy but I wasn't expecting that much mess.

I started to pick up clothes from the rooms and placed them back on hangers. I took the clothes on hangers and hung them back up in the store. I refolded the messy piles of clothes and placed them on the correct shelves.

"Y/n, Julian's on the phone!" Layla said. I went over to her.

"Where were you?" Layla asked.

"Well, it's closing time and the changing rooms were a disaster so I figured I'd sort it out." I said.

"You're a star!" Layla said, smiling. She passed me the phone.

(J is Julian, Y is Y/n)

J - Babe?

Y - Julian! Hey, how is everything?

J - It's going well so far. There's only two other candidates and they keep getting things mixed up so I think I have a pretty good shot at getting this job.

Y - That's awesome, babe! Where are you, right now?

J - My hotel room. How is Ethan?

Y - He's at Andrea's. She texted me, surprisingly he's actually behaving himself.

J - And, how are you feeling?

Y - Better. I haven't thrown up today, so that's a good sign.

J - Good.

Y - Baby, there's something that I want to talk to you about.

J - What's up?

Y - I'm not sure if it's a good idea for you to be working around this Malu girl.