36

*Still Your POV*

I was woken up by the sound of the doorbell going off. I groaned and got out of bed. I went downstairs and opened the front door. To my surprise, it was Alex.

"Oh, um, Alex. Hey." I said, awkwardly. He chuckled slightly.

"Hey, y/n. Long time, no see, am I right?" Alex said. We both laughed.

"Come in." I said, as I let him into the house. We both sat down in the living room on the couches.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked.

"I'm in Florida for a few weeks, so I thought I'd stop by." Alex said. I nodded.

"So, how have you been?" Alex asked. I sighed.

"Not good. Julian and I got into a fight, he left town without telling me so he could plan a proposal but he didn't give me a heads up so I broke up with him." I said. Alex patted my knee.

"I'm sorry, y/n." Alex said.

"That's not even it. His mom took Ethan away from me and instead of taking care of Ethan, Julian yelled at him and went upstairs to have sex with Cat whilst Ethan was downstairs on his own." I said. I burst into tears.

"Is Ethan still at Julian's house?" Alex asked.

"No. I took him away as soon as I found out about Cat and Julian." I said, as the tears kept flowing.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, y/n." Alex said, as he wrapped his arms around me. He shifted me onto his lap, my legs were wrapped around his waist, his arms were wrapped around mine and my arms were wrapped around his neck.

"I honestly thought he was the one for me. I had his kid, I loved him. The only time I ever had sex with him was when I was drunk. As soon as we broke up, he goes and starts fucking my best friend when he'd never do that stuff with me." I said. Alex gently rubbed my back.

"I hate myself for this. It's all my fault." I said, as I began to sob. Alex pulled my head up so we were face to face.

"Y/n, stop saying these things about yourself. They aren't true. You're an amazing girl, an awesome girlfriend and a kick ass mom. You weren't being problematic, you were just worried because he was your boyfriend and you didn't know where he went, he's the father of your child, too. You were concerned for not only Ethan's safety, but Julian's too. And if he can't deal with the fact that you were just looking out for two people that you care about, one of them being him, then maybe he isn't the one for you." Alex said. I slowly nodded.

"I just miss him." I said. Without saying another word, he smashed his lips onto mine. Our lips moved in sync. I pulled away.

"And, I miss you. He's moved on with Cat, so maybe you should move on... with me?" Alex said, more of a question than a statement.

I stayed quiet for a little while. I just wanted to think. Maybe, I should take Alex back. On the other hand, he treated me like shit. But he never meant to.

"Maybe, you're right." I said. He smiled and took my hand in his.

"I'm happy. But, if I do anything wrong, just tell me. I don't want to hurt you any more than I already have." He said. I nodded.

"Can we just take it slow, though? I don't want to rush things and ruin it." I said.

"Fine by me, as long as I get to be with you." He said. We both laughed and I leaned in to peck his lips.

I felt something brush against my leg. I looked down and saw Ethan. He was rubbing his eyes, still in his pyjamas. I smiled and shifted him onto my lap.

"Good morning, baby." I said, planting a kiss on his cheek. He looked at Alex.

"Who that?" Ethan asked, pointing at Alex.

"That's my new boyfriend, his name is Alex. I've known him for a long time." I said. Ethan immediately burst into tears. I tried my best to calm him down.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't want Alex. I want Julian." Ethan said, as I wiped away his tears. I sighed.

"Y/n, let me talk to him. You go upstairs and get ready." Alex said. I nodded and passed Ethan to Alex. I went upstairs.

*Alex's POV*

Ethan was now on my lap. God, the last time I saw him, he was a few days old. It's crazy how fast this little boy has grown, and he's beautiful, just like his mom.

"What's wrong, Ethan?" I asked him.

"Mommy dating you. Mommy not dating Daddy." Ethan mumbled. I lifted him up so we were face to face.

"Hey, Ethan, I know I'm not your Daddy, and I'm not going to try and be him. I'm just Mommy's boyfriend. Daddy loves Cat, and Mommy loves Alex. That's ok, isn't it?" I asked. He shook his head and burst into tears again.

"No! I want Mommy and Daddy dating!" Ethan said. I gently cradled him in my arms.

"I know, Ethan, but Mommy and Daddy don't love each other the way we used to. You will still get to see Daddy, and I won't stop you. I'm here because I love your Mommy and because I love you." I said, kissing his cheek. He smiled a little.

"Do you like me, Ethan?" I asked. There was a small pause.

"Yes, Alex." Ethan replied.

*Your POV*

I had finished getting ready so I went back downstairs. To my surprise, Alex and Ethan were laughing. It was like they were best friends.

It's what I hoped for. If Julian can't be here for his son, then maybe Alex should be the one who takes his place. After all, I've known Alex since the beginning.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for over 385 views, 115 votes and 10 comments on this book! I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️