54

*Still Your POV*

I began to run. I didn't know where I was running, nor did I care. Nothing mattered to me anymore, not one thing, not one person. Because, I no longer matter to someone who meant the world to me.

I found myself in a dark alleyway. I stopped and gave myself time to catch my breath. I turned to see the opening of the alleyway, and there was a dark figure, standing there.

They were slowly coming towards me. I felt like screaming, but I couldn't. I wanted to do something, but I was too weak. There was nothing I could do to defend myself.

The figure finally approached me. They lifted their arm, I assumed they were going to hit me. To my surprise, the figure just pulled their hood off of their head. I sighed with relief when I found myself in front of Jovani.

Instead of saying anything to me, he pulled me into a hug. The kind of hug someone would give you when you really needed comfort. I hugged him back, and cried into his chest. There was nothing else I could do.

"I'm sorry about him, y/n." Jovani said, letting go of me so he could face me. I just shook my head and wiped my tears.

"It's not your fault, Jovani." I said. He sighed and nodded.

"Look, if there is anything I can do to help you, just let me know, ok?" Jovani said. I nodded.

"There is one thing, but you don't have to if you don't want to." I said. He gave me a weak smile.

"Whatever it is, I'll do it. It's the least I can do after the day you've had." Jovani said. I sighed.

"I want you to drive me back to your house. I'll pack up all my things, I'll take Ethan and I'll go back to my old house." I said. Jovani looked at me with concern.

"Y/n, will Ethan get to see Julian?" Jovani asked. I sighed.

"I don't know. Jovani, it would break my heart to see Ethan with Julian when Julian doesn't even know who he is. I can't do that to my son." I said. He nodded.

"Come on, let me take you home." Jovani said. I nodded and walked back to the car. We both got in and Jovani began to drive. The first hour or two of the drive was silent. Awkward. Jovani broke the silence.

"Y/n, you know if you ever need anything, you can always count on me, right?" Jovani asked.

"Yes." I said, my voice trailed off at the end.

"I feel like you aren't telling me something,
y/n. You're practically my sister, we shouldn't be keeping things from each other." Jovani said. I sighed.

"I just feel bad." I mumbled. Jovani looked at me with interest.

"What do you mean?" Jovani asked.

"You're doing all of this stuff for me, but you don't have to. Every time I'm having a problem, I end up dragging you into it. You don't deserve any of this. And, you don't need to be helping me. This is between Julian and I." I said. Jovani sighed.

"Y/n, I get what you mean, but I have to help. It's not like Julian will do anything, so that's why I'm here. I can be Julian's replacement for you. I know I'm not the same as him, I'm dating Jennishka and I'm not Ethan's father, but I can be there for you. Maybe, what you and Julian need is some time apart." Jovani said. I nodded.

"Thanks, Jovani. You always come up with these plans and they usually work, so let's hope that we aren't let down this time." I said. We both chuckled.

Jovani drove for another few hours. We eventually reached Boynton Beach and before we knew it, we found ourselves outside the Jara household. Jovani and I both got out of the car and went inside.

We went upstairs and into the room that I shared with Julian. I got out some suitcases and began to pack up everything that belonged to Ethan and I. I also packed one of Julian's hoodies so Ethan and I could cuddle it whenever we were missing Julian.

I left Jovani in the room so I could go to Julian's grandma's room which is where Ethan last was. She was sitting on the bed, cradling a sleeping Ethan in her arms. I smiled, she smiled back as she caught sight of me.

"Hi, y/n. He's been a really good boy." Julian's grandma said. I smiled and walked over to her, sitting down next to her on the bed.

"Thank you for looking after him. Listen, I know this won't be easy, but I have something to tell you." I said.

I told her everything that happened. What Jennis did with her minions, how Alfie came to his senses and, finally, Julian losing his memory. She seemed really upset, partly because her grandson had lost his memory, partly because she wouldn't get to see Ethan and I that much anymore.

"I'm really sorry, but I can't live here anymore. Julian doesn't even want to look at me, and I can't let Ethan face that, he wouldn't understand and it would break his little heart." I said. She lifted up a hand, indicating for me to stop talking.

"Y/n, stop apologising. None of this is your fault, and I don't want you to blame yourself for anything that has happened. I'm really going to miss you, and if you ever need anything at all, I'm always here for you." She said. I smiled and hugged her.

She passed a sleeping Ethan into my arms. He was completely clueless about what was going on around him. We said our goodbyes and I took Ethan back to Jovani, who was done with the packing. We took the suitcases downstairs and into Jovani's car.

I strapped Ethan into the back seat, carefully trying not to wake him. I went into the front seat with Jovani, who began to drive. It wasn't a short drive, I knew the way like I knew the back of my hand.

The car stopped. We were here. I got out the car and took Ethan from the back seat. I took him into the house and went upstairs, I placed him in the crib in the room that he would sleep in when he was born.

I went back downstairs to help Jovani get the suitcases into the house. We took them up to my room and placed them on the floor. I sat down on the bed, Jovani stood in front of me.

"Thank you, Jovani. For everything." I said. He smiled.

"It's fine. Do you want me to stay and help you unpack your things?" Jovani asked. I sighed and shook my head.

"You've helped enough. Go home and rest, or go to Jennishka's and be with her. She's probably missing you." I said. Jovani leaned down and hugged me.

"Y/n, are you sure that there isn't anything else that I can do?" Jovani asked. I hesitated for a while. I finally took a deep breath and decided to say it.

"When you see Julian, tell him that I love him." I said. He nodded and left.

Hey guys! Again, I'm sorry for being inactive. I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️