37

*Still Your POV*

It's been about three days since Alex asked me to be his girlfriend. He hasn't been staying for the nights but he's been at my place every single day to help out with Ethan.

I was in the kitchen, making Ethan a new bottle. I felt a pair of big arms wrap around my waist. I smiled and turned around to see Alex.

"Hey, baby." I said, pecking his lips. He chuckled.

"Hey, um, so, whilst you were making Ethan's bottle, Julian texted you. He's coming over to see Ethan." Alex said. My smile faded.

"Don't let him in. Keep Ethan upstairs." I said. Alex looked at me with a small hint of disappointment in his eyes.

"Y/n, Julian is Ethan's father. If Ethan can't stay at Julian's place, you should at least let Julian come and visit him." He said. I sighed.

"I guess you're right." I replied. At that moment, the doorbell rang.

"You go upstairs. Julian can't know you're here." I said. Alex nodded and went upstairs. I walked over and opened the door.

"Hey." Julian said, awkwardly.

"Hey. Ethan's upstairs, if you want to see him." I said. Julian nodded and we both went upstairs. What I forgot was that I told Alex to go upstairs.

"What the fuck is Alex doing here? And why is he playing with my son?" Julian yelled.

"Julian, calm down." I said.

"No! Why is he here?" Julian yelled. I sighed and made Julian sit down.

"Alex stopped by a few days ago. Long story short, we got back together." I said. Julian's eyes turned grey. He was sad.

"You got back with Alex? After everything that he put you through?" He asked. I used my eyes to signal to Alex to stay quiet.

"He was forced to and you know that. It wasn't his choice." I said. Julian got up and gently took my arm. He took me into another room.

"Why would you get back with Alex? Didn't you ever think about how I would feel?" Julian asked.

"You're such a hypocrite. Didn't you ever think about how I felt before you got with Cat?" I asked, avoiding eye contact with him. He scoffed.

"I don't love Cat. I just got with her to take my mind off of you." Julian said.

"She was my best friend, you can't do that. And you had sex with Cat. You never did that with me." I said, my eyes welling up with tears.

"We had sex, y/n. How else was Ethan created?" Julian asked. I looked at him, I felt a tear slipping down my cheek.

"We were drunk. You got with Cat by choice. You played with my emotions, I actually thought you were happy with Cat. I just wanted to move on from you for once." I said, as more tears began to fall.

"And you thought you could move on with Alex of all people?" Julian asked. He also had tears.

"He cares about me. He cares about Ethan. He helps me. He loves me." I said.

"So do I. I care about you. I care about Ethan. I help you. I love you." Julian said, his voice cracked a little.

"It would help if you acted like it." I said.

*Alex's POV*

Y/n and Julian had been gone for a while now. I was a little worried. What if something bad happens? What if everything gets worse?

I decided to push all the negative shit out. All that matters right now is that Ethan is safe. He was sitting in front of me, playing with a toy car.

"Hey, buddy." I said, as Ethan drove his car into my foot.

"Where Mommy Daddy?" Ethan asked.

"They're talking." I said. Ethan looked down in disappointment.

"I know, it's annoying, isn't it?" I asked. He slowly nodded. I lifted his chin so we were face to face.

"I know that you love your Mommy and your Daddy, but you can always talk to me. I'm here for you, Ethan, and I love you." I said, kissing his cheek. He smiled and hugged me.

"Love you, Alex." Ethan murmured, as I wrapped my arms around his little body.

*Your POV*

"Y/n, if you won't do it for me, then do it for Ethan." Julian said. I sighed.

"Julian, I've given you so many chances. We can't keep going through this over and over again. It's too much, it's not good." I said.

"But, I love you." Julian said, wiping his tears away.

"And, I love you, too. But, right now, Alex is the one who I want to be with." I said. He slowly nodded.

He came closer to me and cuffed both of my cheeks, wiping my tears with his thumbs. He shifted me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he buried his head into the crook of my neck. We both cried in each other's arms for a little while.

"I know it's going to be hard, Julian, but that's what life is about. I'm always going to love you, never forget that." I said, kissing his forehead.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for over 610 views and 120 votes on this book! I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️