"A young wolf was injured in a battle nearly six years ago, doctors said he had a few hours at best but his father-the alpha wouldn't let his son die. So he sent a message to all packs that if they could save his son he'd give two third of his territory to them. One person replied claiming he had a serum that could heal any wounds, the alpha was desperate and gave it to his son. Miraculously the young wolf was healed minutes after he was injected."

He paused closing his eyes from whatever was coming next.

"What the man lacked to tell the alpha was the side effects of the serum which everyone soon discovered too late. The boy changed into a ruthless beast with glowing red eyes- he slaughter the pack in merely hours."

The thudding of my heart in my ears was abnormally loud I barely heard the last part. Glowing red eyes, like the glowing red eyes Hunter occasionally has. The same red eyes I learned to love are the ones that witnessed the terror of a town as it killed them.

My stomach churned as I thought of what Holden said yesterday.

'I'm sure you've seen the murders on tv'. Hunter killed that boy who delivered the flowers to my apartment, and the group of teens in the forest.

It's true! My legs trembled beneath me, steadying myself against the side of the diner I struggled to speak.

"H-hunter.." I swallowed the lump in my throat unable to finish

"Yes Hunter is that wolf and Sam is the man that gave him the serum."

"But you said dad knew Hunter." I said

He nodded his head before turning to my shaky state. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder he held me to his side in support.

"Sam was jealous and angry that Red Crest was growing stronger so he forced Jerry to make the serum although your dad didn't know the purpose at the time." uncle Matt said watching for my reaction

My dad made the serum? He did mention the project he worked on with Sam but why would Sam be so cynical? He killed a pack although it was Hunter who did the actual killing Sam knew the side effects.

He wanted to get rid of Hunter's pack and he teased Hunter yesterday about his wolf. Sam isn't even guilty that he killed innocent people and for what?

"I'm sorry Aubrey I know it's a lot to take in." he apologized

Leaning into my uncle I found myself fighting off tears, Hunter is a murder. A cold blooded murder. But he's not, a voice shouted.

That day he picked me up in the rain-when he told me about his family Hunter was sad but could I have missed the guilt?

"What do I do?" I sniffed

Last night Hunter marked me, we spent the bight in each others embrace. I felt whole for what feels like the first time in my life, I felt the overwhelming love for him swallow me whole and now I'm suppose to just forget him?

"Stay away from him sweetheart it'll hurt because your mated but it's the best thing to do."

I snapped my head up feeling as if a heated iron rod was plunged into my heart.

"I love him uncle Matt." I admitted

As the words passed my lips I realized that I did love Hunter. It startled me that I could love him in such a short time.

Uncle Matt's brows knitted together in confusion. He can't understand how I feel, I barely understand it but I know I love Hunter Grey.

"I don't know what to do." I sighed