Chasing Cars. (Pete Wentz x Reader)

Listen to the above song while reading.

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own
We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

A contented hum left your lips as you closed your eyes, thoroughly enjoying the light, crisp breeze on your face as you laid with your head in your boyfriend's lap.

"This is nice," you purred, "And very, very necessary; this past week has been completely life-draining."

"You wanna talk about it?" Pete questioned, weaving his fingers through the strands that had fallen loose from your bun.

"Not really, no," you sighed, opening your eyes and smiling up at the loving face of the man who's lap you were lying in. "I just wanna enjoy this."

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

With a tiny laugh, he bent down to capture your lips in a sweet kiss before pulling away and picking up the guitar that was laying next to him on the picnic blanket.

"Oooo, are you going to sing for me?" your eyes lit up as you excited yourself over the prospect of hearing Pete sing.

He blew a raspberry in amusement, arching both brows. "Do I look like Patrick to you?"

You tossed him an unimpressed look, making him chuckle and reach down to pinch your cheek; you scrunched your face up in appreciation.

"Please sing for me?" you pouted, trying your best to convince him.

"Hmm. And why would I do that?" he taunted, fingers gently strumming a melody along the guitar strings.

"Because you love me."

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

"Do I?"

You reached for a nearby pinecone and tossed it at his smirking face. Ducking, he narrowly missed the assault, and brought his head back up with booming laugh.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he assured you, planting another kiss on your lips as you glowered at him. "I more than just love you, (Y/N). There isn't a strong enough word to explain the magnitude of how I feel about you."

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

"You clearly don't feel that strongly about me," you teased, repositioning yourself in his lap. "Else you would be singing to me."

"You really want me to sing, don't you?"

You nodded vigorously. "Yes. Please? It's only you and me."

"You and me are all I need," he beamed, the sight of which created a flurry of butterflies in your stomach. "Alright, here goes..."

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life
Let's waste time

Chasing cars
Around our heads
I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

"That was wonderful," you gushed once he had played the final chord, pivoting your head to the side to see his lovely face.

"Glad you liked it, doll," he said softly, giving you yet another kiss.

"Yes," you said, kissing him back.

"Yes?" he gave you a perplexed look.

"Yes, I will lie with you and just forget the world."

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

His mouth opened and eyes widened in understanding, and he gave you a sincere smile.

"Whenever I'm with you," he started, cupping your face in the palm of his hand as he gazed into your sparkling eyes, getting lost in them, "I do forget about the world. I forget about everything, besides how much I love you."

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

"Look at you," you giggled, trying to contain the flood of emotions you were feeling at this point, "Being all romantic and stuff. Nice one, Wentz."

"Hey, I'm a huge romantic," he insisted, "You know that better than anyone." He gave you a suggestive look and licked his lips, causing you to burst out laughing.

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

"You're such a goof," you laughed, pressing your hand over his face and shoving it away. He darted his tongue out of his mouth and licked the inside of your hand, causing you to shriek and yank your hand back in disgust.

"Oh, you did not just do that," you whispered, narrowing your eyes.

"I did. Whatcha gonna do about it?" he challenged.

"Start running, Wentz."

With a fake look of worry, he hastily jumped up and started running across the field, you chasing him all the way.

When you were close enough, you let out a grunt before jumping on his back, resulting in both of you landing on the soft grass, giggling up a storm.

Somewhere in the midst of your giggling, Pete managed to roll over so that he was towering over you, and brought his lips down to kiss you, just as the sun started to set.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Will you lie with me and forget the world?

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x