Fire Meet Gasoline. (Ray Toro x Reader)

════════════════

Note: Part 2 to 'She's Got A Boyfriend Anyway.'

════════════════

════════════════

Listen to the above song while reading.

It's dangerous to fall in love
But I want to burn with you tonight
Hurt me
There's two of us
Bristling with desire
The pleasure's pain and fire
Burn me

When you and Ray pulled apart after the kiss, both of you were in shock. Not because you hadn't been expecting it (you asked him to kiss you), but because of how immensely wonderful it had felt.

To say that it was the kiss of your dreams would be downplaying it; never in all your life could you have dreamt of something that felt so immaculate. His lips were like a sanctuary, and as you kissed him, you felt all of your heartache wither away into nothingness.

"Woah," you mumbled, eyes half-lidded since you were still in a state of euphoria.

"Woah," he agreed, nodding slightly before beaming at you.

"Do we need to get you guys a room or something?" Frank chimed, making a disgusted face as he observed the two of you. "Because I really don't want to find remnants of your love fest on the kitchen counter tomorrow morning."

The sexual implication of his comment made your body flush and you turned around out of embarrassment, busying yourself with tidying up the messy countertop as your face turned furiously red.

Noticing your flustered response, Ray furrowed his brows before turning around and yelling a string of profanities at Frank, the likes of which managed to elicit a small giggle from you.

The sound of your laughter brought Ray a sense of ease, and he gave you a lopsided grin before motioning for you to take a seat on the cramped couch, where you spent the rest of the bus ride cuddling as you drifted in and out of sleep.

So come on
I'll take you on, take you on
I ache for love, ache for us
Why don't you come
Don't you come a little closer
So come on now
Strike the match, strike the match now
We're a perfect match, perfect somehow
We were meant for one another
Come a little closer

You were still asleep on Ray's shoulder when the bus pulled up outside the hotel the band would be staying at; he shook you gently to awaken you, and announced that you needed to board off the vehicle.