Chapter 1: Sakura Akako

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Oh." I falter for a moment before I place a smile on my face, "It's because I go to school here. Mikan goes to the school at home, but some Sensei's and Jī-San sent me here since they have a better program." I explain, "I miss going to school with Mikan-Nee but Sensei said that I had to go here because I was super smart."

"I see." She nods.

"Yeah!" Mikan-nee exclaims as she raises a finger, showing Hotaru how serious she is, "Akako can be really smart! She's smarter than me!" My sister boasts.

I shrink into myself, slightly embarrassed at the praise that my sister is giving me, "Not by a lot." I sweat drop and rub the back of my head. Wanting to make more conversation, I lean forward, "Ne, Hotaru. How did you and Mikan-nee meet?" I ask.

Mikan was about to answer when Hotaru's stomach growled.

I gasp in realization, "Gomene! I didn't get any food for us! Oh man, I should have thought of that. I'll go buy us some rice cakes!" I ramble as I start to get up.

"I'm not that hungry." Hotaru tried to interrupt me, but I've already run off to the little cart selling the rice cakes.

I buy some with the money that Sakamoto-obaachan gave me for my reunion, after all, she started teaching me to do things on my own so this was easy! As I'm turning around to head back, I suddenly see something about Hotaru that I didn't see before.

'There's something. Do you think she might have an Alice? I've never seen this in anybody but me.'

I shake it off and walk back up to them, "Tada!! Food!" I giggle.

"Yay!" Mikan yells as she grabs two and puts them in her mouth. I grab one too, and eat it but soon as it touches my tongue it burns. "Ha, ha, hoo, ha!" Me and Mikan both fan our mouths to cool it down.

"Baka twins."

Me and Mikan frown, "Hotaru! That's not nice!" I pout as does Mikan, "Why do you say such mean things?"

We talk about everything and anything and I slowly get closer to Hotaru. Once it's time to go, we all make sure that we will meet up again so that we can all be together again.

Jī-san comes and gets the girls, and before I know it, they leave. And once again, I feel like I just lost a part of me. I always miss Mikan-nee so much when she leaves me; I also miss Jī-Chan and his shouting at the two of us.

I leave the park and go home, when I walk in through the door I see Saka-Obāchan and Saka-Ojīchan sitting on the sofa. I smile and make my way deeper into the house, "I'm back!" I call out and run to sit in between them.

The Sakamotos took me in when I moved here. They know my situation and try to keep me safe from the academy, they've taken in other Alice's before so I know they won't let the school for Alices get me.

Saka-Obāchan smiles at me as she continues knitting, "Welcome back, Akako-Chan! How is your Jī-san doing?" She asks.

I hop off of the sofa and stand in front of them as they watch me, "He's fine, Mikan-Nee is taking real good care of him. And she introduced me to her new friend, and she's really pretty! But she can be quite rude, but that's okay, because I like her and Mikan-nee likes her, so there's nothing wrong!" I spin around for a little.

"Okay, okay. I think you've had enough fun for one day." Saka-Ojīchan chuckles as he puts his book down, he stands to stretch before patting my head. "Time for bed, you have school tomorrow."