Chapter 1: Sakura Akako

Akako's POV

I smile when I see my grandfather through the small crowd in the park and run towards him to envelope him in a hug. He gives a hearty chuckle and I feel his warm arms wrap around me and hug me tightly to him.

"Ah! My dear granddaughter, Akako." He smiles and gives me a squeeze. I peel myself off of him and smile up at his familiar face that is covered with wrinkles, 'I miss seeing Jī-Chan every day. Maybe I can go home soon!' I smile at the thought.

"Jī-san, where's Mikan-Nee?" I ask as I look around for my sister. Mikan is my older sister and is my bestest friend in the whole world! She has beautiful light brown hair that is usually tied up into pigtails and big brown eyes.

My grandpa snaps his finger as though he remembered something before speaking, "Oh, that's right. Mikan-chan is bringing a friend for you to meet. She's very excited to introduce the both of you." Jī-san pats my head as we wait for Mikan.

Soon we see her running towards us while dragging a girl with short black hair and violet eyes. They weave their way through a small crowd, Mikan looking flustered since she's slightly late. "Hotaru! Akako is waiting for us!" Mikan whines as she tries to make her friend, Hotaru, keep up.

I smile in glee, excited after not having seen my sister for a month and jump up and down a few times, "Mikan!" I call out as I run up to her.

Her eyes snap in my direction and I laugh when she smiles her usual dazzling smile, "Akako!" She gasps and jumps at me, tackling me to the ground while still keeping me in her arms.

We both giggle and hug each other tight, before Jī-chan drags us to our feet by our collars. He frowns and places his wrinkled hand on my sisters head before speaking, "Mikan, shouldn't you introduce Akako to your friend?" He suggests, making Mikan jump up.

"Oh, yes! Akako, this is my friend Hotaru. Hotaru, this is my twin Akako!" She jumps up again before grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me the little ways to where her friend was standing.

"Nice to meet you, Hotaru-san!" I give her the biggest smile that I can and bow slightly, like how Jī-San taught me.

The pretty girl nods as her hello as she gives me a small but sweet smile. "Hello." She greets, she looks between me and Mikan as she frowns slightly.

"You two look have different hair but similar features." She observes.

I shrug, having heard those words so many times, "Hai, Jii-San says that's because he switched our hair when we were little so he wouldn't get us mixed up" I wrap my arm around Mikan, and she, me.

I have blonde hair and usually have my hair up in pigtails like Mikan-nee, but my caretaker has been doing many different things with my hair also! I also have blue eyes but I always wished I had Nee-Chan's brown ones because they look way cuter!

I feel Jī-Chan place his hand on my shoulder and look up to see him looking at Hotaru-Chan and Mikan-Nee, "Well, I guess I'll leave you girls to talk and get to know one another. I'll meet you two later." He tells Hotaru-san and Mikan, they both nod as Jī-san turns towards me.

He holds me in his arms, as though he doesn't want to let go, "It was so nice to see you Akako-chan." He smiles and I hug him back, "You too Jī-chan." I take a deep breath, inhaling his familiar scent that used to comfort me when I was sad.

He walks off and me, Mikan-nee, and Hotaru-Chan sit at a picnic table. I twiddle with my fingers as I speak up, "Ne, Hotaru-San, may I call you Hotaru?" I ask.

Her face doesn't really change, "Hai." She nods and I cheer, "Yay!!!"

Hotaru looks around the park as families walk by, enjoying the summer while it lasts. Soon she turns her gaze to me, "Oi, how come you live in a different city?" Hotaru questions.