At a distant point in the night, you suddenly felt your eyes fluttering open. The faint feeling of your shoulder shifting.

"Baby..." This voice sounded very familiar. "Tiger, wake up."

As you slowly started waking from your drowsy state you suddenly recognized the voice prodding you.

"Hey."

Turning over with a yawn, your gaze caught sight of the familiar face.

"Poe?"

He nodded with a smirk, "Happy birthday, Tiger."

Finally waking up more, you pulled yourself up to hug him.

"Poe! You- you're here!"

As your arms wrapped around him you felt instant relief wash over you: he was home. Sighing over his shoulder, you nuzzled your head closer to his neck.

"How are you home this early?"

He ran a hand down your back softly, "I couldn't miss your birthday. So...I just made it work."

Pulling away you looked up at him with furrowed brows.

"Poe, my birthday already happened, you could've waited a little longer on the mission."

He shook his head with a smirk as he tapped the datapad next to your bed. It was only 10:30.

"It may be late, but I wasn't kidding when I said I wouldn't miss it."

Grinning and looking into his eyes, you wrapped your arms around his neck as you rocked him back and forth in excitement.

"How though?! I'm so happy you made it but... how?!"

Pulling away once again, he placed a soft kiss to your forehead as you were in front of him again. Gently, he pulled you into his lap and moved some stray hairs from your face.

"I just made sure we got the job done efficiently. General Organa trusts my judgement, so I figured out a way to cut our mission down by a day. We went straight for the rumored secondary base and did our scans as quick as we could. You know, for a place with high security they did a terrible job detecting us."

Raising your brows you placed a hand on his chest.

"That could've been a horrible risk though. You didn't have to do that—" I leaned forward and looked directly into his eyes. "—Commander."

He shrugged with a smirk as he held your hand that was placed against him.

"Well, totally worth it. I did the best job I could, got everyone home early and got myself here in time for your special day."

Poe leaned in, placing a soft and sweet kiss to your lips. As you pulled away you ran a hand through his brown locks, smiling at him.

"Leave it to you, Dameron."

"I try."

Chuckling you placed another soft kiss to his lips.

"Hey, we've still got an hour and 15 minutes left of your special day. You wanna go for a walk? Midnight swim? Get a little frisky?"

Giggling you shook your head, "No actually. I'm fine just staying in tonight. We can always do something tomorrow, since we both have the day off."

"So you just wanna turn in?"

You nodded running a hand down from his hair to his neck.

"Yeah, I would really appreciate some birthday cuddles."

Poe nodded as he moved to stand up.

"Sure, sure....oh wait!"

Stopping yourself from walking past the couch as you stood you arched a brow at Poe. Digging into one of his many pockets, Poe searched the small pouch of fabric with a look of concentration. Finally his brows raised as he smiled. Cupping the item in his palm, he closed his fist gently around it and offered you his hand.

"I have to give you your gift first."

Smiling in slight surprise, you looked from his hand to his glittering brown eyes.

"A gift? You got me a gift while you were supposed to be investigating the First Order?! Flyboy!"

"Don't argue with me on it, come on...close your eyes and give me one of your palms."

"You were supposed to be focusing on your mission so you could get home safe!"

"Fabi! Come on, I am home safe. Now...eyes closed, palm out."

Sighing you complied to his request and softly shut your eyes, lifting up your right hand to leave your palm in front of him. A few seconds later you felt some kind of cold metal slipping into your hand. You couldn't tell what kind of object it was, but the metal was definitely easily identified. A second later you felt a heavier item, rough around the edges gently land in your palm.

"Alright, open."

Slowly opening your eyes you looked down to your open palm. Laying in the middle of your palm was a silver chain necklace with a round crystal like rock. The crystals inside the broken rock were a glittering a simple, yet beautiful color white and glistened beautifully with every little motion your hand made under the light. Looking back up to Poe you smiled contently.

"Poe! It's beautiful."

He smiled as he gently took it from your palm and motioned for you to turn around. Following suit you turned your back to him, assuring your locks weren't in the way. Feeling his hands just barely graze your shoulders, he carefully brought the necklace around your neck, gently clasping the little lock. As his hands left the chain he placed a chaste kiss to your shoulder, turning you around so he could see you. He looked you over with a smile as he gently placed a hand on your hip.

"It's even more beautiful on you."

Giving him a quick peck to the lips you carefully grabbed his hand.

"Come on, let's go to bed."

Following behind you quietly Poe smiled his perfect Dameron smile as he watched you drag him along. Slipping your hand from his, you slid under your covers, turning on your side to assure you were facing him. Right after you settled your head onto your pillow, Poe slipped under the covers with you, sliding himself closer. Wrapping one of his arms around you, he brought you closer to his chest, placing a kiss to your forehead as he had you close. Sighing contently you nestled your head into his chest. The warm feeling of being against him was the best way to end your special day. He was the best gift you could ask for.

"Thank you," I blushed. "You're the best."

Placing a soft kiss to the top of your head, you felt him adjust himself next to you, assuring your head would be comfortably undisturbed against his chest throughout the night.

"Anything for you. Happy birthday, Fabi."

Smiling contently, you allowed your eyes to flutter shut as you felt yourself completely unwinding in Poe's hold. Your muscles were finally relaxing and your nerves were entirely at ease.

"Good night."