Epilogue

Samara was running at the slowest speed possible as she was chasing a small figure.

"Mommy!" The 5 year old boy squealed as he ran away from his mother.

Samara laughed and increased her speed as she easily swept the adorable boy in her arms.

"I got you." She said as she blew raspberries on his belly. The boy laughed and squealed, "Stop! Stop!"

Samara laughed and eventually stopped, she then sat on the sand with her son sitting on her lap. Since it was night time, there was hardly anyone at the beach.

They both sat there watching the stars.

"Mommy." The boy called out

"Yes Graedon?" She asked

Graedon pointed to the brightest star in the sky, "That's daddy right?" He asked.

Samara smiled, "Yes baby."

He was suddenly quiet for a minute and then turned to his mother and asked again, "Mommy what was daddy like?"

Samara lovingly looked at her son. He looked more and more like his father everyday. He had Grayson's floppy brown hair, his hazel eyes, his sharp nose and his heart shaped lips.

Ethan would sometimes joke, "He looks more like his twin than I ever did!"

"Mommy!" The boy nudged.

Samara snapped out of her thoughts, "What?"

"I asked what was daddy like?" He repeated.

Samara chuckled, "I've told you this several times."

Graedon gave a sheepish smile, "Yeah but I never get tired of hearing."

She smiled at her son and replied, "Your daddy was the most loving, caring and selfless person I have ever met."

Graedon eagerly asked again, "Did he love me?"

"Yes he did" She replied, stroking his hair.

"But daddy has never even seen me?" He asked confused.

Samara smiled again, "Yeah, and he still loved you with all his heart. He didn't need to see you to love you unconditionally."

The mother-son moment was interrupted by a couple who approached Samara excitedly, "Oh my god! Samara Blake! I am your huge fan! Can I please have your autograph?"

Samara saw that Graedon had already gotten busy building a sand castle so she politely smiled and took the girl's book to sign it. She thought for a second before signing her book and handing it back to her.

"Thank you so much." The girl beamed before walking away with her boyfriend.

Samara smiled to herself as she thought about what she had signed.

Samara Dolan

Samara reflected back on her life the past 5 years. Nothing changed really, she was still the same Samara and she still kept singing. She had Ethan and Jason for support but what she was most thankful for was her son.

Sometimes she felt like she got Grayson back in the form of their son.

Her heart still aches for Grayson, she hopes wherever he is now, he is in peace.

She wanted to become his salvation, she wanted to save him from his destruction but in the end, he ended up becoming her salvation.

Saving her was the biggest accomplishment of his life and that was all he needed.