Chapter 30

Ethan was in the passenger seat while Samara was driving. Ethan had said to take him straight to LAPD from the airport.

It was silent in the car. Ethan looked at Samara and saw she had absolutely no emotion on her face at the moment, she looked straight ahead as she drove.

Ethan could understand what she was going through right now, he felt that way as well. Even though he wasn't there in L.A with them, he was aware of everything Samara was doing to help his brother but he was throwing away all her efforts.

"Sam." He called out, Samara gave him a glance before turning her eyes back on the road, "What?" she asked, hoarsely as if she had been crying for hours.

"Everything is going to be okay." Ethan comforted.

Suddenly Samara broke down all the walls that she was building around herself. She had never shared her feelings, her thoughts, her emotions with anyone, not even Grayson nor her brother. How could she share her feelings with Grayson when he was already in a constant battle with himself? And her brother would just beat the crap out of Grayson and tell her to break up with him and that's not what she wanted.

Samara needed a friend to talk to and Ethan was the closest thing she had to a friend right now.

She bursted into tears, "Why is life like this Ethan? Why can't we just be normal? Why can't we be happy?"

Ethan was shocked at her sudden outburst, he wished he had the answers to her questions.

He simply reached and wiped away her tears, "I know life throws a crap load of bullshit and sometimes all you want to do is give up. But I want you to know, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it takes days, months or even years, I promise I will make damn sure that you and Grayson get everything you deserve. Its why I have decided to move to L.A., my dad has an office here as well so I'm going to handle that and we both will help him together."

She takes in his little speech, carefully processing his words. He makes it so easy to believe that something good can actually happen yet reality makes everything so harsh.

"I'm pregnant." She blurted.

Ethan's eyes widened in surprise, it took him a while regain his composure.

"You're pregnant?"

She looked at him again and nodded before looking back at the road again.

Ethan grinned, "This is great news Sam! Congratulations! Oh my god I'm going to be an uncle! Wait I can't believe that asshat Grayson didn't tell me this! We tell each other everything!"

Samara simply gave a small smile, Ethan frowned at her unenthusiastic reaction but he understood what she was thinking, "Hey listen, this baby is going to make everything okay, this is baby might change Grayson for good."

With her eyes straight on the road and she said, "I hope so."

*******************************

Ethan and Samara rushed inside the LAPD and spoke to the officer in charge.

"Excuse me I'm here for the bail of Grayson Dolan." Samara said.

The officer looked up from his desk and smirked, "Oh that Dolan guy? Sorry sweetheart we can't release him."

Ethan stepped ahead and handed him the bail paper, "Here you go. Now release him."

The officer looked at the paper, reading it carefully. He stood up and instructed to sit down while he goes and gets the paper approved from his boss.

Samara and Ethan sat on the chairs, waiting for the officer to come back. All Samara could think of was the decision she had taken. To take Grayson away from everyone, she wondered what Ethan would say about it. He was probably going to stop her from taking such a big step but for Grayson, she had to do this.

The officer came back with the papers, "Alright bail granted, an officer has gone to fetch your boyfriend from his cell."