Prologue

Grayson stood up, he was now standing at the railing of the balcony. Samara yelled "Grayson!"  Grayson held out his hand to stop her, "No, no, wait."

He took another gulp of whiskey from the bottle in his hand and yelled

"I released my first album without any struggle. I got fame, fortune and status. The world was at my feet. But as I said before, I couldn't handle my fame or my addiction. I was an addict before and I'm still an addict!"

Grayson then started walking on the dangerous railing, Samara tried to hold him and get him down. He fell down on the balcony floor instead and started laughing.

She tried getting him up but Grayson instead brushed her hair to the side.

"Gray what are you doing? Why are you doing this?" she asked tearfully

Grayson now began speaking with all seriousness, as if his intoxication had suddenly disappeared, "This is as far as our relationship could go Samara. We can't do this anymore."

Samara was now sobbing, "What? No Grayson please don't say this."

He wiped away her tears, "I can't ruin you Samara. I'm a cancer, all I'll do is just spread poison in your life. You're successful now Sam, you don't need me anymore. You don't need anyone. Go live your life."

"I don't want to live a life without you Grayson." She begged

Grayson caressed her cheek with his hand, wiping her tears "I fear my addiction, I don't know my future Sam. I don't know what I might turn into, how I may treat you. It doesn't take long for one to turn into a devil, so why should I hold you back?"

Grayson got up and ignored Samara's protest to stop, all she could do was tearfully watch him walk away from her.