Chapter 2

Grayson drove with no particular destination in mind. He just wanted to get away from the crowd, he wanted to get away from everyone's judgmental stares.

As he drove, Grayson reflected on his life. His childhood, his passion for music, how he was discovered by Adam Stevens, CEO of Auxity Records. He still remembers that day like it was yesterday.

Grayson was performing in a small show in Central Park, New York City, when he was in his sophomore year in college. Though it was just a small show, a large crowd had rather formed quickly and Adam Stevens just luckily happened to be one of those people in the crowd. After that everything happened so fast, he got signed with Auxity Records, his first single was a major hit and then following his first album which won him plenty of awards and fans from all over the world.

Then his second and third album came out which got him platinum records. He became a worldwide sensation pretty quickly, in fact, he never struggled to earn his fame. Everything was handed to him on a silver plate.

Grayson was born into a rich family. He has a twin brother, Ethan and an older sister, Cameron. Cameron is an attorney and Ethan works along side their father, a successful businessman who owns a chain of hotels. Their mother was the District Attorney who died when he was 16 in a plane crash.

His mother's death had a huge impact on him since he was really close to her. His father and siblings were strong enough to handle her permanent absence but Grayson couldn't handle her loss, which is why he then started drinking to get rid of the pain.

Grayson would steal whiskey from his father's cabinet and drowned himself in it.

That's how his addiction started.

Years later, after gaining fame and success, he started doing drugs. He made some new "friends" who were clearly up to no good. They encouraged Grayson to try some cocaine. One sniff of that drug and Grayson couldn't get enough of it.

And that one sniff, became the reason of his downfall. Grayson was high all the time, even during recording sessions. He didn't even give 50% into his work. It wasn't long before everyone found out about his new addiction, starting with Noah and Adam who constantly told Grayson to get help before things became worse but of course, once an addict, always an addict. Soon the media found out and his fans started criticizing him. His album sales went down and his career dropped.

He still had a few faithful fans like the ones who came to his show today, but he was pretty sure he lost them as well after the stunt he pulled tonight.

Grayson's train of thoughts were interrupted as a girl appeared in the middle of the road. His eyes widened and he quickly turned the steering wheel, causing him to crash into a tree.

Grayson's head banged against the steering wheel and he groaned in pain. He touched his forehead but thankfully found no blood. He got out of the vehicle and readjusted his shades and stumbled a little before rushing over to the girl to make sure she was okay.

The girl was kneeling on the road, picking up the her belongings which she had dropped.

"Hey are you alright?" he asked as he kneeled in front of her.

The girl furiously looked at him, "Do I look like I'm okay?!" She yelled "Seriously, who wears freakin shades at night? And look at all my books! You ruined them! Do you have any idea how long I've been saving up to buy these!"

Grayson felt extremely guilty, "I'm so sorry, here let me pay for these books. How much were they for?" He asked as he began pulling out his wallet.

The girl glared at him "Oh so you think that you'll just give me your money and it'll be okay? That's the problem, snobs like you believe that every problem can be solved by money, well I don't need your money." She collected her now ruined books, got up and started walking, leaving Grayson behind.

Grayson stood and tried calling her "But hey—" "Go away from here and remove those horrendous shades." She interrupted with her back now facing him as she was walking away.

He let out a sigh and went towards his car, it was completely damaged from front.

Grayson grabbed his jacket from the car and proceeded to walk towards the nearest bar, he could really use a drink right now.