Chapter 44- The Quidditch Trial

Start from the beginning

"Guys why don't we just-" V began but was interupted by the likes of Lucian.

"You're a thugly copperhead weasel!" He slandered.

"And your probably the thickest person I've met." Fred replied almost sounding a bit astounded. 

"Look, we don't need any dimwitted Gryffindors disturbing our training, so go back to ther hole you call home-" Adrian said only to be interupted by George.

"We're dimwitted, i can't think of anyone more dimwitted then you!" 

"Your mum." Draco said and the twins went dead silent while Adrian and Lucian just about pissed themselves laughing. 

George then suddenly tackled Draco to the ground and they began to wrestle, with George quite clearly being stronger, because of this Adrian decided to help out and soon everyone except V was in some sort of massive brawl. Everyone who was trialling then gathered round and started chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight! FIght!"

"Guys could you not- Guys! Listen to me!" V yelled but they clearly didn't hear her. She tried getting closer and louder. "GUYS!" She yelled but still, there was no response, just more tackling, punching kicking. She turned around took a breath then turned back around. 

"WON'T YOU JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO ME YOU IMMATURE DIPSHITS!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. 

Everyone finally stopped chanting and fighting and stared at V with mild fear in their eyes.

"Are you kidding me?" She said in a dangerous undertone. "I'm trying to run a quidditch team here yet you are all acting like a herd of wild animals. Is this because I'm a girl? Do you think you have the right to treat me like this because I'm some deranged person's daughter? 

George looked at her with regret in his eyes. "Look Mia, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to hear it, just go back to the castle." She hissed and so he did, realising that he would have to try mend this some other time. 

"And to all of you," She said turning to everyone else. "Lucy is the only person in the position I told you all to be in." V stated pointing towards her who was still flying in her starting position away from everyone else. "That makes her ten times more likely to make the team than any of you." 

After the trial finished, V was exhausted. She told everyone that she would put a notice up in the Slytherin common room for who made the team on Monday, but for the time being V needed some serious alone time. 

After she returned the equipment back to Madam Hooch, she wondered down to the black lake and lay underneath a tree. V recognised the spot she was at as the place the George and her had almost had their first kiss, but she was too angry at him to even smile at the memory. She even tried thinking abut the things that she should be grateful for but half way through that she fell asleep. 

V woke up in what must have been the early hours of morning realising that she fell asleep under the tree. It must have been a mixture of the soft murmuring water and tiring frustration from the trial that sent her to sleep so unexpectantly. 

So in a groggy state, V walked back to the castle ready to wash up and get changed. Afterwards she stumbled to the great hall for an early breakfast being one of the first to arrive. She sipped on a coffee slowly gaining full consciousness and enjoyed the quiet that came with being an early riser. But with the quiet also came an emphasis for the what would otherwise be more subtle sounds. 

Her early morning thought was soon interupted by the soft flapping of an owls wing flying into the great hall. It was strangly early and strangely dark and V couldn't help but feel pity for it as it was probably a bit too early for whatever student was recieving it. 

But the owl swooped down before V and dropped a message that she only just managed to catch. She eyed the bird as it flew back out and the closer look made her realise that the bird was actually a raven. V already felt very weirded out by this strange coincidence of time and the choice of bird that she was sent. 

So with wariness she proceeded to open the letter and soon saw it was quite a short one. 

Show support to the true chosen one. Guidance to me can be found through those with the right sort of family name. Games have been played, lines have been crossed, but now is the time you become the witch you were destined to be.

V felt her heart rise to her chest as she gently lowered the letter. She knew very well who that letter was from and she was far fom mentally prepared for even a letter from him. 

When she looked up she only got confirmation for what she was thinking. Draco was standing at the entrance of the great hall looking right back at her with a look that was extremly unnatural on him. He looked solemn and even a bit nervous. V wanted to walk over to him and say something to him but had no idea what. But before she could think of what to say or do, he had disapeared down the hallway.