Chapter 44- The Quidditch Trial

Start from the beginning

Everyone stared back at her seeming nervous but a lot more alert. "Well what are you waiting for, get started! I value punctuality!" V snapped and everyone suddenly made a dash for the brooms and started with four laps of the pitch.

As everyone got started on their first lap V already noticed a fair handful of people who were quite clearly not as experienced and skillful as she wanted. So with the help of Draco, she crossed names off the list of people who put their names down.

"You should put stars next to the names of people who are especially good, like Crabbe and Goy-"

"No one whose turned up so far deserves to have a star next to their name." V cut in plainly. That seemed to keep Draco quiet for the time being. 

After everyone had finished their laps and did some drills led by Adrian, V had crossed half the names off the list as she had promised. She prepared for disappointment as everyone gathered round her.

"Alright everybody," V started. "If I don't call your name out, then I'll have to ask you to leave. Don't throw a sissy fit, you'll only be embarrassing yourself by doing that." So V went on to read the names of the fourteen she deemed fit enough for further trial. 

"Tommy Wilcox, Lucy Lament, Cleve Hudson, Samwell Tarly, Miles Bletchley, Carly Vance, Kennith Seagull, Donald May, Edric Jefferson, Vincent Crabbe, Theresa Trump, Lawrance Archer, Sherilldine Richards and Gregory Goyle."  V finished.

There were many disappointed sighs but no protests, no one seemed to want to protest with V when she was in one of these moods. 

"For the rest of you, I want to see how you apply your above average skills in an actual game. So I'm going to put you in positions while I referee. If I put you in a position that you didn't put your name down for, suck it up and play it. I will eventually rotate you onto your desired position. Adrian and Lucian will also play so that I can see how you lot play among  the actual Slytherin team." V said, and after organizing them into positions they started playing. 

As soon as they game started, Adrian got hold of the quaffle and passed it to Kennith who didn't see it coming and got smacked in the face by the quaffle, nearly falling off his broomstick. Everyone stopped while V let out a dreary sigh. 

"Adrian!" She called out 

"Yeah?" he yelled back 

"Be a little more gentle would you." She yelled up at him.

But instead he shrugged with a sly smile on his face and flew back into his starting position. V shook her head with a dismissive smile and reminded everyone to stay alert. Next time round it went a little more smoothly; this time they managed to get three passes in before Crabbe hit himself in the head with his bat instead of hitting the bludger. 

V sighed for a second time but was then distracted by a familar voice. "Your team seems to be coming along nicely." George said leaning casually against a stand with Lee and Fred at his side.

But before V could say anything, Draco pushed himself in front of her and decided to deal with George himself.

"No one asked for the likes of your opinion Weasley." Draco sneered. "Your girlfriend is way better then you in every way- well was better then you. You let her slip through your fingers the same way your family does with money." 

"Draco! Just leave it." V said but before she could tug him away, Adrian and Lucian had landed on the ground and made the situation much worse then it needed to be. 

"Piss off weasel, V broke up with you, get over it." Adrian said. 

"Correction she broke up with me." Fred jested.