Chapter 43 Hunter/Lupa

Back in the hot seat I looked over my shoulder, first at Grayson than at Jarek, giving them each a smile and squeezing their hands to let them know everything was ok. Grayson started to sit up but stopped himself. He kept glancing at my lips and I was grateful he stopped. We had some talking to do first and I wasn't ready for that kiss. Not yet. Maybe not ever. Only time would tell. I think he seen that in my eyes as well.

"We haven't said anything," Sam answered some unasked question. That's when I realized the Alpha's were watching everything I was doing. Nikko seemed pleased but my uncle's...not so much. I guess the sooner we got some of this out of the way the better off and then we could focus on more important things. Surviving.

This was where it got a little weird. I think they understood my...my situation
with Lupa, we were about to find out. "Umm...Lupa kinda explained a bit. She also agrees. I do to in away. This," I grabbed both Grayson's and Jarek's hand, " helps me concentrate. Helps me think clearer. If that makes sense."

I was pretty positive that Nikko was going to asked but Vic came to the rescue. "From what I have read so far it makes sense." He looked at his Alpha for permission to continue. He got it.

"Ok so I can't find all the details. This is all just a rumour but one that people truly believed since they recorded it. I am not sure when, where, or even who this Red Queen was. The details are very sketchy at best. What I have gotten out of it was that during this Red Queen's time things were getting very difficult. The borns and mades were getting restless. Many borns thought they were better than mades and mades were upset that it was always a born that took the Queen's hand. This Queen took her place on the throne before she was mated due to an accident that took the previous Queen's life. They never mention how or why the Queen died. Anyways, the new Queen was being pressured to find her mate. They believed she needed a strong mate to run the country. They believed this may also have caused some of the problems between borns and mades.

"It was said that this Queen was also having problems. She seemed unstable, depressed.
They believed she might have been cursed since she broke a long time tradition by not having a mate before taking the throne. Suitor after suitor came to the Queen asking for her hand and she refused each one. By this time it was almost a year the Queen has taking the throne and she was not only physically failing but also mentally. There were talks of..." Sam hesitated and
met my eyes before continuing, "putting the Queen down before her sickness spread to others.
"One day these two strangers came to the castle, a born and his trusted second a made. The born was there to meet the Queen to see if there was something he could do for her illness. This born was a warrior and a medicine man. Mostly he helped with broken bones and cuts since we do not get sick often. So this born and made were allowed to visit the Queen since his reputation was great, even though they thought he would have nothing to help. They were
all wrong. Just like in all fairy tales boy sees girls, girls see boy and love at first sight. But
this one had some twists. The queen seemed to steadily improve and she was very happy with her soon-to-mate but there was still something missing.

"A short time later she began to weaken again. No one could figure out why. The borns trusty second had left and was gone for almost a month. It was that month that she seemed to begin to fail. Back to the point that her people were contemplating on destroying her after her mates second returned. She asked for his company along with her mates. Day by day she improved. It was then she knew she needed both these wolves in her life. She could not feel complete with just one. Her She-wolf was as strong as her human self and they both needed a mate. So she ended up with two mates. During that time the wolves, borns and mades, have never been stronger. They were truly one." Vic was finished and looked at his Alpha.

The room was deathly quiet. I hated to break the silence but tension was growing. Too many were thinking and who knows what they were actually thinking. "That makes sense. I
totally get the part about being torn in two. It's a constant battle of wills with one half...
confused. But what I will tell everyone of you right now is that I am not getting married any time
soon. I don't even want to think about that. I am only 16...almost 16." I did understand. I have never felt more complete and feel right then I did right now with Grayson and Jarek sitting beside me. The most subtle of touches with our thighs touching helped me keep my head clear. It was wonderful but also scary.

It was Amanda who brought up the problem that none of us thought of or didn't want to
bring it up. "Males are very protective. They don't share well. So finding a born and made that are both Alpha material and at the same time willing to share is all but impossible."
Around the room a few nodded in agreement. Me, I wasn't giving up that easy. Plus
it wasn't their main concern. Thankful Uncle Adam thought the same thing. "We have more
pressing matters at the moment. Hunter's birthday is at the end of next week and between
her...dreams and," Uncle Adam looked at Nikko who gave a nod, "Nikko's vision we need to
move sooner."

I felt Jarek stiffen with the announcement of his father's overdue vision. Nikko smiled at
his son then shifted his eyes to me quickly before looking back at his son. Whatever silent
communication they were doing it had Jarek even more tense. I even got that this had to do with me and was not good.

"For now all details will be between a selected few of us. No one in this room will be letting any of the campers know there is a problem. No one goes anywhere alone. Minimum of two people together at a time. We already have some of both packs on patrol on four legs. There are others on their way here. When it's time you will have very little notice before we head out. When the time is right Nikko and I will inform everyone where we will be going and not before then." Uncle Adam looked at everyone of us making sure we all understood.

"Now Hunter you will always have a minimum of two mades and two borns with you. This is not negotiable. That also means bunkmates. I am not thrilled having guys in your cabin but there is no choice." He pointedly looked at Grayson than Jarek and then added, "Everyone will be staying in their own beds." Making sure they understood before he moved on. "Ok it's late so you have an hour to wind down then I want you back in your cabins. Grayson, C.J. are you two ok with taking shift with Hunter tonight?" They both nodded then we rose.

"Vic you're with Hunter and Jarek tonight. Sam I need you here," Nikko said, no question in his voice but not a command either. He expected to be heard and followed and nothing else was acceptable.