Chapter 29 Hunter

"Get out of my way. I have every right to see her!" The voices were muffled and still in a groggy state, I could make out what they were saying and who was saying it.

"And what right would that be? The one where you're her faithful boyfriend? Or the one where you are her best friend and would do nothing to hurt her?" Jarek let out a not so nice laugh. "Do you remember last night where she was ready to rip out your throat? I remember and from what I seen last night she may not even want to see you. Go eat breakfast and if she wants to see you she will find you." 

"You are not pack. You know nothing about what happened last night. You have no rights to her or know what she may or may not want. Move Jarek!" Grayson's voice was becoming more of a growl by the end.

Last night's events flooded back. Grayson's arms around Alice as his lips were on hers. My shock and anger I felt towards him was barely a shadow of what I felt. Echoes of the pain of my heartbreak, than the physical pain of my first shift were still there. The ache in my chest grew as my brain kept flashing back to Grayson kissing Alice in the woods.

I tried to reach for the anger that consumed me last night but I was too tired and to hurt. I really didn't want to see either of them but the growling was getting louder and was now coming from both of them. Even through the closed door I could feel and smell the hate, desperation, and aggression.

Not remembering much after we started the hunt last night, I looked down to see that I was in my nightshirt. Somewhat decent, I swung my legs off the bed and cradled my head in my hands. "Please stop," I said a bit louder than a whisper.

My door swung open and Grayson pushed his way through. "Please, Hunter, let me explain," he begged. The growl was gone, all was left was desperation in his voice. "I know it must have looked bad but it wasn't what it looked like."

That had me let out a pathetic laugh and had my head up and staring at him. I could feel the sting in my eyes and my heart crack even more. Those perfect soft lips kissing someone else last night. "Oh no? So, I just imagined you kissing Alice last night. The arms that were wrapped around Alice were someone else's arms and not yours." I felt the first tear run down my face. "Get out Grayson," I could hear the heartache and tiredness in my own voice. "Get out and go find...your new girlfriend." I could no longer look at him. Moving quickly to the bathroom without running I slammed the door and turned on the shower hoping he would catch the hint. There was even a small part of me that wanted Jarek to physically throw Grayson out of my cabin.

I was in no hurry to get out of the shower but the way my stomach turned from growling to cramping I had to leave the security of the bathroom and face the world. More people were now in my cabin waiting for me. It was cool to know who was around just by scent and not even needing to see or hear someone. Jarek, of course was still here, Uncle Adam, Amanda, C.J., and Nikko where in the next room. The very small room.

Just then I realized I had no clothes with me since I rushed in here. I almost had a jolt of joy that I could ask them all to leave for a legitimate reason but then I looked down and there were my clothes. I was too disappointed to be freaked out that someone opened the door and I did not even hear them.

Wasting enough time getting dressed, brushing my hair and teeth, I straightened my shoulders and opened the door to see everyone not even trying to give me some space. They were all staring at me as I walked out. With their intense body language it did not surprise me when I didn't get so much as a 'good morning'.

"How are you feeling?" Nikko was the first to speak.

I really didn't think he was asking how I was doing since Grayson ripped out my heart and stomped on it a few dozen times. Shrugging my shoulders, "Fine, but..." My stomach growled so loud that the next cabin would have heard it. "Umm yeah I am starving."