Chapter 1 Hunter

A/N Welcome to the Hunter Series. I wanted to let you know that this series merges with my Territories series. NO you do not have to read both but it would help you gain more understanding on the characters and their life challenges. The Territories Series is an adult series and I HIGHLY recommend that readers are at least 17+. Now with that said the preferred reading order is:

New In The Territories
Lost In The Territories

Born Howling
Torn Between Packs

Visiting Other Territories

I have also written a novella with a second on its way which gives an insight on the beginnings of some characters:

Nate & Mady                                                                             Territories Series
Alpha of the Borns , Nikko's story                                   Hunter Series      

Hope you enjoy

A new chapter begins. New adventures ahead. A new and improved me, living the dream!

Haha! Who am I kidding? It is just like every other year; the school year ends then off to summer camp I go. Once the summer is over I am then honoured with meeting yet another foster home. Yay me!

That's my life in a nutshell.

Sitting on the bed I stared out the window and the first thought I had was I was going to miss this bed. It by far was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. I loved this bed and now, less than a year later I was leaving it behind. This place, out of all the houses (not homes) I have lived in, this place was the one that hurt to leave the most. Bags packed, well actually one suitcase and ratty old backpack that held all my cherished personal belongings. How pathetic was that? To be completely honest, all that I hold dear to me is tucked neatly in my dad's ratty old green faded canvas backpack that I refuse to give up.

The letters from my best friend were carefully placed in the tin after I read the last one he sent just a little while ago. Now the tin was securely in my dads backpack and I was ready to leave. I never let myself get attached to the people in my life or anything really. But there was a few things that I kept close and those things where between me myself, and I.

Fluffing the pillow that my head had permanently dented, I looked around for a final time to make sure I had everything. Which, I knew I did but was just trying to waste some time before the dread-full six hour car ride with my Rent-a-'rents. You might know what I'm talking about, all you want is to just sit there in the back seat and listen to your Ipod and all they want to do is talk. AHH! Just what I needed, stuck in a closed space with people that were paid to put a roof over my head and food in my mouth for the past 10 months. Ok that was a little harsh, they are great amazing people. But the same old routine was getting old. Really old. Just like the foster home before this one and the many before that over the past 8 years: school ends, I get shipped off to camp, and when the summer was over I start in a new home with new foster parents (Rent-a-'rents).

Putting off the enviable long enough, satisfied with the way the room looked, it was time to get my butt down stairs before Grace called up. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder while I grabbed the suitcase with my other hand I took my first and last step out of this life to begin my new one. My game face in place, taking in a deep breath, it was time to get this show on the road and face the troops.

Hi, my name is Hunter and no, I am not a boy. Before I go any further I should explain a little about my life so you will have a better understanding what I am talking...ok "ranting" is a better term for it. So here goes. Where should I start?...Well I guess the basics. So like I said, my name is Hunter, and I am a 15, almost 16 year old girl who gets passed around from foster home to foster home like a used up doll. You might have guessed that by my earlier ranting. I can be kinda bitter about that some days.