Chapter 16 Hunter

The birds chirped, the sun seeped through the curtains had my eyes flutter open. Stretching my arms over my head and pointing my toes feeling ever muscle throughout my body. A little stiff but overall feeling much better and with energy to boot. Staring up at the dust free wood plank ceiling, I enjoy the calmness of the morning.

"Hunter?" A familiar voice came from the other side of the room. Bolting straight up my head swam for a minute. "Hey Luv. Not too fast there. You have been out cold since last night." John. It was Uncle John's voice.

Staring in disbelief with my mouth open, I blinked a couple times then rub the sleep away from my eyes. Not sure if what I was saw was real or just a dream. His features coming in focus with every blink and his hand on my knee when his sat on the edge of the bed had me believe it was real. Not a dirty mind trick.

Concern screamed from his eyes when all I did was sit there staring at him with what I am assumed was a goofy look on my face. Finding my voice, I tried to say something. When nothing came out I cleared my throat and tried again. "Uncle John?" My voice was soft and unsure. At his growing smile I dived into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You're here? You really came back. It wasn't just all a dream." I said, tears of happiness falling down my checks. This was the first time I have ever said goodbye to a foster parent and have them come back. Yes, he said he would be back and I did believe him but at the same time I didn't put a lot of faith into it as well.

"Hey. Hey. What's wrong?" Uncle John pulled back and wiped a tear from my check.

Sniffling and wiping my face I blurted out, "You came back! You really came back." My emotions were running wild and I couldn't reel them in. Damn hormones!

"Of course I did. We did. I told you I was going to." Uncle John looked at me and I could see the heartbreak and realization in his eyes. "Oh, Hunter. You didn't think we were going to did you?" Shaking my head he pulled me into another hug whispered his reassures that he was there and soon things will make sense.

A soft click was the first warning someone came into the room right before I felt Uncle John stiffen and he tightened his arms around me. Turning my head I seen the very intense Grayson staring daggers at my Uncle with C.J. right behind him looking more curious.

A huge smile spread across my face as soon as I saw them both. "Hey Grayson. Hey C.J.. This is my...my..." I looked my Uncle John for help. I didn't know how to introduce him to anybody. With a smile and a nod, I proudly announced, "This is my Uncle John. My dad's brother. I have been living with him and Grace...Aunt Grace." My smile widened at the realization that I also had an aunt. "Uncle John these are my best friends, Grayson and C.J."

C.J. was the first to recover from the new information I just sprang on them. Stepping forward, his hand out reached he introduces himself. "Wow. Uncle huh? I'm C.J.. It's very nice to meet you, Sir." Uncle John stood and shook his hand.

"I'm her boyfriend and best friend, Grayson." Grayson said shaking my uncle's hand firmly.

"Oh are you?" Uncle John asked him then looked at me. "Hunter you have been here for less then a week and from what I heard a sleep for almost half that time. We will discuss the boyfriend issue later."

I should have been pissed, Grayson sure was, but I was just so happy he was here and actually cared if I had a boyfriend at all. I just sat there beaming like an idiot.

"Hunter!" An excited voice broke some of the tension in the room.

Looking behind C.J. I saw my aunt glowing as we made eye contact. Jumping out of bed I ran into her waiting arms for a much needed hug. "Aunt Grace, I am so happy to see you."

She started to laugh and squeezed me back in a death grip. "Why doesn't it surprise me that your uncle told you? It was killing him not to say anything. Killing us both but we couldn't yet. Please forgive us, Hunter?" She pulled away to look at me with pleading eyes. Nodding, she pulled me close again, whispered, "Thank you. Ok all the males out. Hunter needs to shower, eat then we will all meet at the office."

They all listened and left my cabin, but not before getting a squeeze of the hand for C.J., a kiss on the top of the head from Uncle John, and a soft but very pleasant and welcomed kiss on the lips from Grayson.

"Oh...what did we miss?" I heard Aunt Grace ask Uncle John and he grumbled something when I walked into the bathroom for a much needed shower.