Chapter 35 Nikko

It was more than just a dream, I was almost certain. Hunter also believed it was not a dream but she hoped it was. I did not blame her at all. Who wants to fight and possibly have love ones die. If this was a vision, that I strongly suspected it was, then why did she blackout at the end? The way she described it, it was either the flashlight went out or something covered her eyes. Things were coming too close to a head. I had to put away my usual patterns and conflicts and talk to Adam.

"Adam?" I caught his attention as we walked back to the office. "I really do not think she had a dream. I do not think she even believes it, but hopes it was. I know the tunnels do not match up but..."

"I lied. They do exist. I didn't want her to have to worry about anything else." Adam confessed. "What has me more concerned is that only a hand full of people know where I planned to go. There is no way they could find these places so fast."

"What are you saying?" I had my suspicions on where he was going with this but I kept them to myself.

"I do not know. You would have been my first choice, but it was my pack that ran into the cave with her, not yours. Plus I trust you. If I didn't you would never have been invited here." His words rang true, all of them, but he never did answer the question.

"I would rather be a friend to our future Queen then an enemy. She is a feisty one." I laughed and so did he. "I almost feel sorry for the poor slump that tries to get his hands on her. She will rip them apart. Out of respect she has kept many of her opinions to herself."

Our smiles slowly faded as our thoughts move to her possibly being taken. "I do not know her that well but from what I have seen and heard she is going to be one fine Queen. She is strong, pretty level headed even during all this, and she has a heart of gold. When she wasn't dealing with this you could see it how she looks at people. Smiles when they are happy and looks curious when they are not. You can see her fighting herself not to go to them and make things better." I am not the one to go out of my way to make anyone feel better outside of my pack but Adam needed a peace of mind right now. I really did believe she would be an amazing queen given the chance.

Leaving Adam to sort out the final arrangements after deciding not to disclose the final location that we all would be moving to until the camp was empty and everyone that was coming was loaded and ready to leave. I finished gathering my belongings and kept to the tree lines. Not so much as prowling but more out of the way as I watched the campers and adults scramble around. There was an enemy among us and none of us had a clue whom it could be. There was a few that I did not think it could be and even fewer I trusted. The group of who knew what and who Hunter was is too large and there is that slim chance that someone outside the group could have found out as well.

The adults kept their anxiety levels down, even the ones that did not know to what level and detail on what was happening and what was about to happen. The kids showed distinct disappointment on the sudden closing of the camp but so far no one had caused a scene and everyone was accounted for. I even had to give Hunter's protectors credit. They both kept a level head and continued to keep Hunter's spirits high and off the upcoming events as much as she would let them.

Of course there was my son; keeping his distance but always had her in his sights. The only question I had about him was he taking his job as serious as he did all his jobs or was there another agenda?