Chapter 15 Mr.Thomas

"Is this normal? Shouldn't she be going through what we did? I thought we all changed on the full moon our first time? She is not going to make it till the full moon." C.J. ranted, pacing the office like a caged animal. His frustrations and worry radiated off him.

"You need to come down, C.J., you know this heavy load of emotions is not good." I sighed. Really, I couldn't blame the kid. I was having problems keeping myself in check. Ignoring the fury in his eyes, I stared at Jarek waiting for his response to C.J.'s questions.

"Shouldn't we wait for Amanda and Grayson so I only have to go through this once?" Jarek's tone was icy.

Shaking my head I say, "No. Amanda is staying with her and there is no way getting Grayson away from her side right now. When it comes to Hunter, he has always been very protective and well...since the change and he has taken his duties very seriously and won't leave until she is up and moving. Plus, he wouldn't be able to focus if he was here."

This time, the calm cool Jarek started to pace and the anger was flying off him in waves. Raising a questioning eyebrow Jarek huffed, "Yeah well he better start being able to pay attention or he is useless at his job and should not be around her." Giving his head a shake he continued. "We, us borns, are a little different than you...mades. No, we do not need a full moon for our first change but that is normally how it happens. It easier on our body for the first time. Is this normal what she is going through? Yes and no. Yes, in the way her body is going through the steps but no because of how rapidly she is going through them and the intensity of it. No, I don't think she will make it to the full moon. And unless she knows what she is, what is going to happen, and accepts it all before her first change it is going to hurt like hell and be very dangerous." Jarek ended the last cheerful note plopping down on the nearest chair to him.

"What do you mean by dangerous?" Grayson had made an appearance after all, which surprised me. "Out cold," he answered the unspoken question in everyone's eyes. The Grayson that stood in the middle of the door was the Grayson I had known for years; standing tall and defiant with no expression on his face at all. Even taking a deep breathe I barely caught the worry from him. I had to admit I was impressed how he had his own emotions in check.

"What I mean is that the change can kill her if she fights too much." Jarek announced and the room stilled.

"But it's who you are. I don't understand, you are born this way not turned so wouldn't it be easier? For us there is a chance we will not survive the initial infection but the first change isn't that bad." Suzie, one of the camp counsellors asked. "I have seen one of you shift before and it was amazing. His body transformed with such grace and beauty that I was envious."

Jarek smiled. "Yes we can shift a lot easier and quicker than you, than any of you can. We are even stronger in our human form then you are. Our senses are even better. But that is the problem. The wolf is truly a part of us and by us refusing him or her, we refuse a true part of ourselves. It's like cutting out half our heart. So denying our true nature...that part of us will die. We cannot live with only half of ourselves."

"Shit!" Grayson took the words right out of my mouth. Borns are rare and I, myself, have only come across a couple. How and what they felt had never come up.

"Now do you understand why I am worried and have been giving you a hard time, Adam?" Jarek asked me. "These nightmares she is having and the intensity and the realness of them are not on this side of norm. She is terrified and I am worried she is going to fight what she is. Her true self. The other thing is how exhausted she is, it can help and hinder the process. The more tired she is means less energy she has to fight it but at the same time if she is too exhausted then that can hinder her change. Like all of you we need energy to shift."

"We gave her Wolfsbane and it knocked her out immediately." Grayson said in a faraway voice.

Jarek nodded. "When are the other members coming from your pack? She needs to know what is going on and soon. We don't have a lot of time at all."

"They will start arriving in the morning and should all be here by dinner. So tomorrow night everything will be ready." I told the group. Everyone seemed to relax a bit, even Jarek.