Chapter 42 Hunter/Lupa

Sam and C.J. opened the door while the three of us followed. Once inside the door I was greeted with heads spinning around to stare at me. Taking a deep breath I walked further in. First meeting my uncle's eyes I nodded and lower my head out of respect then did the same to Nikko. My Alpha's.

Since I am not always as brave I wanted to be and didn't want to discuss my extreme poor judgement I walked straight over to Vic, Sam's twin brother. "Hi. I'm Hunter. It's nice to
meet you." My hand outstretched to meet his. Vic stared, eyes a little wider than they should be but thankfully he didn't leave me hanging. Taking my hand in his I feel the same weird feeling I did with all the borns. They felt like home with the added jolt shoot up my spine. He felt more like his brother then Nikko or Jarek. Nikko was all power. Jarek...Jarek was just more
somehow. A smile spread across his face, both his hands covered my single one. "It's a
pleasure. I hope my brother treated you well?"

I looked over my shoulder to see a very straight faced Sam with a twinkle of laughter in his eyes. I let out a snort of laughter. "I seem to amuse him," I responded and left it at that. Sam struggled to keep the smile off his face. It was a losing battle.

I headed back to my all familiar seat, the loveseat, giving Grayson and Jarek a look for
support. I sat at the edge while they took a place on either side but sat back, giving me the
Floor, sort of speak. "Ok questions. I have lots of questions." I barrelled on before anyone could jump in. My Alpha's were looking at me like I grew a second head. Or maybe a third? I was giving split personality a whole new meaning. "When are we leaving? Isn't it better to stay here if we are going to fight? Here we know the area."

"Hunter. May I have a word with you?" My Uncle Adam's voice was soft but cut through
the silence like a hammer. I had my mouth open to protest but this time he cut me off. "Now! Back room," he growled. This time it was not a request. It was an order.

"Yes, Sir," I mumbled. Standing tall I did the walk of shame down the hall to the
room I had spent more time in than my own cabin.

In the middle of the room I turned to face my very pissed of uncle. Don't get me wrong there was relief in those eyes but the anger won out easily. I stood there and waited. I wasn't
stupid enough to start talking while he was visibly trying to keep from kicking my ass. He planted himself in front of the door. Looking bigger than he ever was. Arms crossed over
his chest, feet spread comfortable but definitely on a defensive side. He was getting ready for anything stupid I might do. Really I couldn't blame him. That's all I seemed to be doing since I got here, one stupid stunt after another.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, voice just above a whisper. Oh yeah this was bad.

"I'm fine...I'm better." I corrected myself quickly. Not that I was lying but I didn't think
he would accept the 'I'm fine' bit. I guess the 'I'm better' wasn't much better. I could see the red rush up from under his shirt to his neck, face, than bald head. I was actually waiting for
the steam to come out of his ears.

"Fine? Better? You weren't breathing, no pulse, no heartbeat just a few hours ago. You DIED!" Every word was louder and louder till the last when it become a roar.

I flinched at the last word. My own arms were crossed under my breast but not in defiance but to keep him from seeing me shake. My fake confidence I had when I walked into the room was gone. No longer able to look at his anger my eyes focused on his chest. His chest that was moving so quickly I thought he might hyperventilate.

"But I didn't. I'm right here. Breathing, pulse, and heartbeat." My words were
softer than I hoped and I think I heard a tremor in them.

My uncle moved so fast that my brain couldn't tell the rest of my body to move quick enough. One second he was at the door the next he had me in his arms in a bear hug. "Don't you ever, ever do that again! Or so help me I will lock you in a room till you're 30 if you're lucky."

Wiggling my arms free I wrapped them around his neck squeezing as tight as he was. We were both crying by now. No words would come out. A clearing of a throat had me look
up to see my Uncle John and Nikko just inside the room. I wondered if they were worried that my uncle was going to do me bodily harm. I had wondered on that just a few short moments ago.

Feet firmly back on the ground I wiped my tears. Where I seen anger in my Uncle Adam's eyes I seen fear and hurt in my Uncle John's. That had my tears streaming down my face again. It wasn't till my Uncle John took a step towards me before I moved, running right into his arms. We held each other tight, while I cried, and rambled on just how sorry and stupid I was and promised I would never, never do anything like that again. Few more minutes of rambling we both let go of our death grip on each other.

"How are you feeling, Hunter?" Nikko asked, standing right beside my Uncle Adam. It must have been due to my emotions on being on high because the next thing I knew I swung myself into his arms. I caught him off guard more than I did myself. It took him a second to wrap his arms around me but when he did it was a solid, warm, and welcoming. He whispered reassurances in my hair and was happy I was ok. I was the one to let go first. I haven't seen Nikko smile before, not a real smile like this one, it was breathtaking. Deep, deep down I knew why I hugged Nikko but I wasn't willing to let myself think about that yet. There was too many other things I had to worry about first. That brief thought had Lupa perk up with surprise.

I hated to ruin the moment but things needed to be done. "So is it ok if we do the Q and A thing now?" I wasn't as soft spoken and timid as before but I still wasn't sure how they would
react. Uncle John pulled me to his side and lead the way back down the hall to the others. That
was answer enough for me. 

Born Howling (Book 1) COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें