Chapter 3 Hunter

Finding my way to the office wasn't hard, for one it was the biggest cabin and for two it was the closest to the parking lot. Just like every year. With my backpack over my shoulder and my suitcase in hand and my emotions back in check, I headed off to find my cabin number and receive this year's uniform. I hoped my bunkmate was decent. Not that I have ever had any real problems before, just your typical stuff; overzealous girls, but overall everyone got along. I think that had to do with seeing everyone year after year. Looking down the makeshift road, I saw kids running from cabin to cabin without a care in the world. Screams of excitement flew through the air and if you listened very carefully you could hear splashing water with added screams and laughter coming from the nearby lake. Everything seemed out of focus with everything that sped through my mind. It took me a few seconds before I realized I was just standing in front of the office staring at the door. At least my legs knew what they were doing. Shaking myself before taking a deep breath and pulled my shoulders back I head up the path to the cabin.

At the office door, I hesitated at the hushed angry voices inside. Normally we just gave a quick knock then walked in, but the tension from inside seeped its way out the door. Knocking louder than I usually would have before I opened the door, only to be stopped by a hand that prevented me from opening it more than six inches. Shoes scuffed against the floor and hurried farther inside the cabin.

"Oh, hey Hunter. It's good to see you," Amanda said while she blocked my way in. A crash followed by a muffled curse came from deep inside the cabin.

"Uh, hi Amanda. Is everything alright in there?" I tried to peak around her but was impossible. Amanda was almost 6-feet tall, with an athletic frame. She was also the camp nurse. I was always a bit jealous of her. She was gorgeous if you like the tall leggy blonde type. She was everything all girls wish they looked like and all the boys dreamed about. On top of that she was so nice. Never looked down at anybody, or pushed them to talk if they had a problem. She would just sit there and let you decide if you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent on, or just sit quietly. Eventually everyone would crack and confess their sins. And I do mean everyone. I remember one time she had Mr. Thomas spilling his guts and he was one burly of a man. A strong take charge kind of a man.

The noise quieted down and Amanda opened the door wide enough to let me in. "So what can I get for you, hon?" She asked me as if nothing had happened deep in the cabin. Everything looked in place. The desks in order, the nurses room looked in order from the open door, and nothing on the floor. Maybe it was just my imagination that I heard people moving inside.

"Miss Hunter, perfect timing, I was just finishing getting your stuff together," Mr. Thomas's rich voice came from the far side of the room. "These should fit you but will you try them on before I show you to your cabin."

Ah, the dreaded camp uniform; three pairs of red shorts, three pairs of black sweats, and five white with red trim shirts with the camp's name on the front. Taking the shirt and shorts he passed me, I knew the shirt was not going to fit. "Can I have a bigger size in the shirt please?" Passing it back.

He gave me a questioning look, thought better on what he was going to say and picked up a bigger shirt. Yes, I am 5 feet tall and weigh a whopping 95lbs. so a small should fit me, but my boobs decided to grow without waiting for my body to catch up. Some girls like wearing the tight shirts to show off what they had, but not me, I prefer to keep my 32 D's less noticeable. If I knew Mr. Thomas would give me a large shirt I would have asked but one of the rules the camp had was that we wore uniforms that fit and not look sloppy or have them too tight.

Changing in one of the nurses rooms I overheard Mr. Thomas telling Amanda that the shirt he gave me was going to be too big and Amanda doing a lot of "Hmm mmm". The shorts fit perfectly and the shirt…well I walked out still tugging on it and hoping it would stretch a little more. Mr. Thomas took one look at me then went off mumbling under his breath about getting me the rest of my shirts in medium as he left to the storage room. Amanda hide her smile by turning her back but gave him "I told you so" look first.