Chapter 33 Hunter

I couldn't believe after the story Nikko just shared they found the possible missing and alive son the most intriguing. I was stuck on the part about murder. Murdering the Queen and her daughter to gain power. I really didn't care which of my parents could have been the Queen's son's relative. That didn't help me in the least. Other wolves that wanted to knock me up and kill me was the only concern I had at the moment. And I almost handed myself to them on a silver platter and would have if Nikko and Jarek hadn't found me.

Story, legend, or myth I didn't care. If some of the most sane people I knew believed this then without a doubt others would too. The others that killed my parents and aunt. The same others that were out there searching for me as we speak. Ok is it getting hot in here or was it just me? Nope it was definitely hot and getting harder to breath.

"Hunter? Hunter! Breathe dammit. Adam?!" Grayson's voice was became more distant.

My vision was blotchy .I was breathing I just couldn't take a deep enough breath. All I could see was black dots and heard murmurs. A slight sting not one but twice against my cheek wasn't doing it this time. The ice cold water on my face? Yep that did it. Finally, I was able to take a deep breath.

"She's ok! Hunter, just keep taking slow deep breaths," Amanda said. "Panic attack. Do you blame her," she scolded someone.

I barked out a not so pleasant laugh. "This just keeps on getting better and better. First people just wanted me as a brooding mare, now they want me to keep popping out kids till I have a girl then kill us. Yeah you can say I had a bit of a panic attack! I don't even know who I can trust." The last part I didn't mean to say out loud and didn't realize I did until I heard a few of them gasp and my uncle's calling out my name.

"Don't look at me like that!" I was on the defensive now, "Queen Harmonia trusted and loved her mate and look where that got her. She killed herself!" That shut them all up.

"Ok it has been a long day and there is nothing more we can to so why don't everyone hit their cabins and get some sleep. We need to be on the road as soon as the last camper is gone." Uncle Adam said, rubbing his hands down his face. He looked as tired as I did.

"Where are we going? Or where am I going?" I asked. Not that I had much choice in the matter.

"The mountains. We, the pack, have a couple places there. You don't worry about that now. I will explain all of it on our way," he answered.

After a few more minutes of discussing who was sleeping, and patrolling where. From what I learned before, Grayson and C.J. have been training to be my protectors. Jarek was there for me because I was a born and may need extra help. I don't know what kind of extra help I could possibly need now since I had shifted. Uncle John was not going to let me out of his sight no matter what he was told. I think after losing his mate and not being able to protect her he was going overboard with me. I was ok with that. If it kept him here with me then I would not complain at all. Well, really try not to.