- imagine #1 //

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I held my green saber-staff in front of me. I put my right foot forwards, twisted the staff over my head and passed it to my left hand. I swung at an open spot, where there were no trees to accidentally hit... or cut down.

I succeeded in the move and proceeded to recreate it again. I took my saber in my hands and took a deep breath, feeling the Force in and around me. I opened my eyes, now observing a dark-haired masculine figure standing in front of me.

"Poe!" I exclaimed.  I put my saber behind my back, accidentally slicing a tree in the process. It had ruined the whole point of my training. I spun around slowly, recognizing the cutting-saber sound as my eyes got quite wide. I covered my mouth and completely forgot I was Force-sensitive as I watched the tree fall, cringing when it finally made contact with the ground, shaking the terrain with force.

I picked up my weapon  and turned it off, turning around once more, seeing Poe suppressing a laugh about my previous mishap with the hollow tree.

"It is not funny!"

"Yes, it is, and you know it!" the pilot teased, his laughter dying down.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, relaxing my features. Having dropped my saber, I embraced him.

"You know, I could ask the same to you, (Y/L/N). Aren't you supposed to be soundly asleep in your bed" — he signaled at the edge of the forest, where base was located. — "over there?" He responded, hugging back.

"Yeah, yeah." I playfully punched his arm. "I thought you were on a mission." He shrugged, which told me he wouldn't respond until I answered first. I sighed. "Couldn't sleep."

I sat on the fallen tree, which Poe had promptly sat down on. I put my head on his shoulder, and he laid  his head on top of mine. I smiled.

"What'll make you tired, tiger?" he questioned, now grabbing my chin softly so he knew I was looking right into his eyes.

Force, those eyes.

"You up to that challenge, Dameron?" I  leaned in so I was whispering in his ear. "It's one in the morning, you know."

"Oh, you doubt my methods?" he said, picking me up by my waist and swinging me around in the air a couple times. I laughed, and knew he was probably smirking too.

"Okay, okay, put me down," I interjected. "I'll Force a rock on you."

He shook his head in response. "You wouldn't."

"Sounds like a dare to me," I said jokingly.

Quite suddenly, his lips brush mine. Not innocently, like a tease, but satisfied and passionate. He pulls back, in a way that our foreheads are still touching, but the kiss was no more. I kept my eyes closed.

"How 'bout we go back to my room," he said suggestively, and I heard a smile in his voice.

I yawned. "You know, I am actually quite tired now." I teased.

"You're adorable when you yawn," he stated, and I shook my head.

"So, I'm not adorable anytime else?" I argued, letting him pick me up bridal-style.

"You know what I meant," he said, and took me back to his room.