03 [Anything Could Happen]

Description: Your sister Gee persuades you to take a break from University assignments and go to a New Year's Eve party with her. You end up linking eyes with Lewis and immediately think he's out of your league. But it's New Year's; anything could happen.

• • •

You jumped into the Uber, and was met with you sister Gee, covered in glitter as usual. "You alright, my glitter sister?" You laughed, hugging her from the side.

"I'm good, how are you though?" Gee asked, looking at you. You had been so busy with uni work that you hadn't had time to go out with anyone.

"You know what? I'm actually good. It feels amazing to finally go out without having to worry about assignments," you said smiling. Gee had managed to persuade you to come out tonight and despite Christmas, this is the first time going to a social event in a while. "I'm going to let loose tonight and it's all thanks to your persuasion."

Not long after - small talk between you, Gee and the driver - you arrived at The Sidemen House. You could hear the buzz of people and music already. You hadn't yet met Gee's girlfriends, so you were excited to meet them and the rest of the gang too.

Walking in, you were greeted by Josh, also known as Zerkaa on YouTube. "Hi, Gee, and Y/N, I'm guessing? I'm Josh."

"Yep, it's so nice to finally meet you! Thank you for inviting me." You smiled, walking into the decorated house. You knew that Gee and Gigi decorated this and it looked amazing. "Whoa Gee, this looks amazing! I can't believe you and Gigi did this!"

"Anyway, I'll leave you two to have fun and Happy New Year!" Josh smiled, walking off.

Gee noticed her friends, signalling you to follow her. You heels clicked on the wooden floor, as you walked towards the three girls that stood there. "Hey girls, this is Y/N, my sister," Gee introduced you. There was a blonde girl, a brunette with glasses and another one with brunette, ombré hair and tan skin.

"I'm Freya," the blonde girl smiled at you, giving you a hug. "I've heard so many stories from Gee, and I know you'll fit in great here."

"I'm Emily," the brunette girl with glasses smiled at you. You felt out of place here, all of these girls were stunning. "I agree with Freya, you'll fit in just fine!"

"And I'm Nia," the tanned girl smiled at you. "Can I just say, you look exactly like Gee!"

"I agree, you're the spitting image of our little Georgina Nelson." Freya grinned.

"Thank you," you smiled. "It's nice to meet you all."

• • •

It was around eleven at night and you had gotten close to the girls. You had also met Stephanie and Talia who arrived a little later than the rest. The seven of you were talking about something random, but you zoned out when you noticed an attractive guy looking at you from the other side of the room. He was about five foot ten and had brown hair that looked soft and fluffy. You couldn't take your eyes off of him.

"That's Lewis," Freya told you, as she noticed you staring at him. "And he's single."

You blushed, looking away from him. "I'm way out of his league," you sighed.

"Leagues only exist in football, Y/N," Freya replied. "Anyway, I can tell he likes you. I've known him since high school."

"HEY!" Gee interrupted. "He could be your midnight's kiss."

"You're being ridiculous Georgina." You rolled your eyes.

"Five minutes guys! Josh is getting the fireworks ready," Simon said.

A few people went outside, including you, the girls and Lewis. Holding your drink, you followed the girls outside to the back garden. The girls were talking to their boyfriends: Gee with Chip, Freya with Josh, Emily with Ethan, Nia with Mark, Simon and Talia and Stephanie was talking to a few people you didn't know, leaving you alone.

As you stepped outside, you felt your foot collapse from underneath you. You knew you were going to fall, so you waited for the impact of the concrete floor but it never came. Instead, you felt someone grab your arm, stopping you from falling.

You looked up to see Lewis, his deep brown eyes mesmerizing you. "Thank you," you stuttered, deciding to take off your heels.

"Here, pass me your drink," Lewis offered. Smiling, you gave it to him and took off your heels. "So, why do you think you're out of my league?"

You felt a lot shorter than him now your heels were off. "How did you-"

"I'm a good lip reader, plus you girls spoke quite loudly," he laughed. "If anything though, I'm out of your league, because you're absolutely stunning."

You looked up at him, smiling and the countdown to new years started.

"5..."

Should I lean in? You thought.

"4..."

Lewis stared into your eyes and began leaning in.

"3..."

You copied his actions, leaning in as well.

"2..."

You and Lewis were so close to each other that you could feel his breath tickling your lips.

"1..."

Lewis placed his hands on your waist, pulling you closer to him. As the fireworks went off, your lips touched and it felt magical. You both pulled away after around five seconds, then you turned to look at the fireworks that were going off in front of you.

"Would you like to go out on Friday?" Lewis asked.

"As in a date?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

You grinned. This was the best start to the new year. "Sure! What's your number?"

As you exchanged numbers, you saw the six girls winking and wiggling their eyebrows at you and Lewis.