Forgetting The Past

Haily and Aryanna went back to Aryanna's house, together. They both sat down and just when Aryanna got up to bring Haily a drink, Haily stopped her.

"Wait..." Haily spoke, as she held Aryanna's hand.

Aryanna sat back down. Haily began crying; Aryanna hugged her.

"It's alright..." Aryanna told her.

"No, it's not alright. In these past ten years all I ever felt towards you was hate. I hated you because I thought that you wanted to take Valy away from me but little did I know that you had given me Valy. Aryanna... I'm so sorry. I know sorry isn't enough and that sorry will not give you back the ten years of your life but it's all I can say" Haily began.

"No, look, it's fine" Aryanna said.

"I'm sorry that I took away Valy from you and I'm sorry for hating you without reason. I though I had a reason but I discovered that I didn't. I'm sorry for wasting ten years of your life and I'm sorry about the fact that you spent ten years being lonely" Haily added.

"You know what? Just forget it. Forget it all. Forget the past. How are we going to move on if we are sill in the past? Leave everything that happened in the past, in the past. Don't let it affect yours and my future" Aryanna explained.

"But-" Haily said.

"But what? Just leave the past in the past and let us move one. You said sorry and I accept your apology. Besides, I should be the one who should apologize; I lied to you. I made you believe that Valy had come for you when he hadn't. I can't go back in the past and change that, nor can you but we both can change and shape our future. So, forget yesterday, smile today and make plans for tomorrow" Aryanna said, to Haily.

"I guess you are right. Let's move on and forget everything that happened in the past" Haily said, as she wiped her tears away.

They both looked around and smiled, then at once they both said:

"But still, I'm sorry."

They both burst out laughing and then small tears ran down their cheeks.

"I missed you, Arrie. It may have never shown but I always missed you and felt your absence; I couldn't tell you that I missed you because of the hate that I had for you, back then" Haily whispered.

They were still hugging. It had been ten years since they had last hugged each other this way.

"I missed you too, badly. You don't understand how many times I craved your hugs. When it was dark, I wanted you to be there with me but you weren't there. Everything that I would do, would remind me of you. I'm glad that I have you, again" Aryanna said.

"Me too" Haily spoke.