The Engagement Party

After thinking a lot, Aryanna decided that she was going to attend the engagement party, she was going to face Valy once again after four years and watch him get engaged to her ex-best friend.

The day of the party came. Aryanna dressed up in a simple black evening dress. She put on some makeup, done her hair and left the house with Lesley.

They arrived at the hall at around 7:30.

Aryanna and Lesley walked in and looked around after being greeted by some people.

"Where's Haily" whispered Aryanna to Lesley.

"I don't know - Oh wait, there she is" Lesley spoke.

Aryanna saw Haily in an elegant red dress accompanied by Valy, who was dressed in a black suit.

Aryanna wished she never saw this.

The couple walked down the stairs while everyone clapped.

Aryanna noticed the fake smile on Valy's face. This was all her fault, but what could she do? All she wanted was her best friend to be happy.

Valy hadn't noticed Aryanna yet.

While Haily was speaking to some people, Valy was looking aorund, as if he was looking for someone. Just then, he caught sight of Aryanna. They made eye contact and Aryanna looked down.

Then, to Aryanna's surprise, Valy began walking up to Aryanna. Haily looked at him but said nothing.

Aryanna felt her cheeks go red. She tried to walk away but Valy took her hand.

"Please don't do this to me" Aryanna whispered.

Valy pulled her and came very close to her.

The lights went off, the spotlight went on them and the music was playing.

Everyone watched them, including Haily. They danced for a while, until the lights came one and everyone began dancing.

Haily took Valy's hand and pulled him away.

"Haily! I never asked him to come to me, so you can pull him away and do whatever, I don't care!" Aryanna shouted.

"I see you are getting jealous now?" said Haily.

"Who said I'm jealous?" asked Aryanna.

"Just the way-" said Haily.

"Oh just leave it, you will never understand..." said Aryanna in response.

"Ah, you know what, it was my mistake, why did I invite you?!' shouted Haily.

Aryanna's eyes were filled with tears, or which reason she couldn't speak anymore.Haily, her best friend, was now her enemy!

"You're right, why did you invite me? What am I to you? What was I to you? I'm sorry for ruining your engagement!" Aryanna whispered, unable to say anymore.

She ran out of the hotel dragging along her long dress behind her.

Valy and Lesley ran after her.

"Wait, Valy!" Haily shouted.

Valy did not listen. He ran out, to Aryanna.