Life After A Decade

Aryanna looked once more at the notification and turned her phone off.

'Ten years now, I'm still crying because of him! Aryanna, you are twenty six now, that was a whole decade ago!' she thought, wiping her tears away.

She got up and was dressed under half an hour. She quickly put on some makeup and headed out. 

Today she was meeting a new client and was going out with Lesley, in the evening.

After fourty minutes, she got out of her car and into her office.

"Hi, my name is Aryanna and I'm your lawyer, please take a seat" she said, cheerfully.

"Hi, thanks" replied the client.

"So, can you fill this in and describe to me in depth your problem" spoke Aryanna.

The client described everything while Aryanna listened carefully and took some notes.

This was now Aryanna's daily life. She spoke to her clients, argued in the court and often went out with her friends.

It was in the evening when Aryanna packed her things and left her office. She called Lesley telling her that she would see her at the restaurant within half an hour.

Aryanna got to the restaurant. She saw Lesley waiting at a table.

"Hey!" she said, joyfully. She hugged Lesley.

"Hi, look I have a surprise for you" said Lesley.

"Really? For me?" Aryanna questioned, wondering what it was.

Just then, Isha, Safiyah and Thivya walked in. These friends hadn't sat down together to talk in ages.

"Oh my gosh! This reminds me of the old days, when we all got together..." Aryanna said, remembering Haily.

They all sad down around a table and ordered food.

Everyone was there but Haily.

"Ah, those times..." said Thivya.

"It was amazing" added Safiyah.

"I know right, I wish we could go back" said Lesley, shaking her head.

"I wish" whispered Aryanna.