Forgotten Past

Aryanna was unconcious the entire evening. Everyone was outside the room, upset and was waiting for Aryanna to wake up. It had been days none of them had left the hospital except lunchtimes.

"Hello, David. Yeah, are they okay?" asked Lesley, who was talking to her husband on the phone.

"I'm sorry, the patient is awake. You can see her now but make sure you don't mention anything from the past that can upset her or something that she cannot remember" the doctor said.

It was one in the night, the hospital's corridors were cold as it was winter. Everyone was feeling miserable.

"I'm going in first" Amaan said.

"Okay" they all said.

Amaan slowly walked in.

Aryanna smiled at him.

"Amaan, I'm sorry about the way I spoke to you earlier. I just really want to know what has happened in these past years" Aryanna began.

"It's okay, don't worry about it" Amaan said, as he took a seat next to her.

"Amaan, please tell me" Aryanna said.

"What has happened to me? Why am I in the hospital? Why can't I remember anything?!" she questioned.

The doctor walked in.

"I will tell you" the doctor said.

"Aryanna, you have had an accident and due to that there your brain has been damaged. You have lost your memory. You cannot recall some things from the past few years. This is called anterograde amnesia; you cannot remember the recent past, this could be things you have said, done and heard before your accident" he carried on.

"Don't worry, you will slowly regain your lost memory and remember everything" added the doctor, assuring Aryanna.

Aryanna looked at Amaan.

"It's okay, you will remember everything, I promise" Amaan said, smiling.

Aryanna put her head down on the pillow and covered her face with her two hands; she began crying.

The doctor looked at Amaan; Amaan nodded. The doctor walked out.

"Everything's going to be fine, you will remember everything" Amaan  whispered.

"I hope so" Aryanna said.

Everyone else apart from Valy and Haily walked in and spoke to Aryanna.

When everyone went out, Valy came in.

Aryanna looked into his eyes and turned her gaze.

"Why are you here?" she asked, not facing him.

"I wanted to see you" Valy replied.

Aryanna had forgotten that she had forgiven Valy and had moved on.

"Why? To see if I'm still living? To see if I am dying?" she asked.

"No, Aryanna, please" Valy began.

"No, honestly, what do you want from me? You are married now, go to your wife" Aryanna added.

"What do you want from me?!" Valy asked.

"What... do you mean?" Aryanna questioned.

"You clearly know what I mean. YOU WERE THE ONE THAT MADE ME MAKE PROMISES! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT LEFT ME! I DID'NT LEAVE YOU!" Valy shouted. He finally let it out. For years everyone blamed him but he never told anyone the truth and today that Aryanna was blaming him, he couldn't take it.

Aryanna turned her back to Valy and cried.

"Just go, Valy" she whispered.

"I'm going but don't you ever forget the truth, Aryanna. Think again before you blame me" Valy said, as he walked out.

"I'm sorry, Valy..." whispered Aryanna.