Last Words

Aryanna and Haily had spent the entire evening talking about the memories that they had with Alana and had cried.

Today they were going to see her at the hospital. They were dressed and ready to leave; Valy dropped them off.

"Hi, I was wondering what room Alana Aahad is in?" asked Aryanna.

"And you are?" the receptionist asked.

"Friends" Aryanna and Haily replied.

"Let me check... Room 786" the receptionist told them.

They both smiled and headed to room 786. After a good deal of walking, they found the room and slowly pushed the door open and walked in.

"Alana..." they whispered.

Alana pushed herself up and looked at Aryanna and Haily. The two were isolated. Alana was no more the girl they once knew. She was skin and bones; she had dark circles under her eyes and looked nothing like she once did.

"Come in..." Alana told them, coughing.

Haily and Aryanna walked in, still in shock.

"Hey, what's happened to you?" Aryanna asked, trying to hide the fact that Alana was dying.

"Nothing much!" Alana joked. Aryanna and Haily smiled.

"Well, as you can see, I'm dying. I wanted to see you two before I leave" Alana spoke.

"Well, here we are" Aryanna and Haily said.

"So, How has life been?" questioned Alana.

"Ah, good and bad" Aryanna said. Alana smiled.

"You two have been friends for so long! Of course life has been good to you" Alana told them.

'What do you know...' Haily and Aryanna thought.

Just then, Alana began coughing and then it got really bad. She took a tissue from the side and held it over her mouth. Aryanna and Haily looked and saw that there was blood on the tissue.

"Are you... okay?" they asked, scared.

Alana was unable to breath so Haily, obeying Aryanna's instructions, ran out to get a doctor.

"It's alright. You'll be just fine" Aryanna told Alana.

After a few moments, a doctor walked in. He checked Alana and then stopped.

"What's wrong?" Haily asked.

"I'm sorry to say but she is in the last few moments of her life" the doctor replied. Aryanna and Haily were devastated.

The doctor walked out and left Aryanna and Haily alone with Alana.

"Alana... please don't leave" Aryanna whispered.

"I'm... so sorry... but I have to... go. I apologize for all... that I have ever... done to you..." Alana said.

"It's alright..." Haily and Aryanna cried.

"I will... always... love you..." Alana whispered, as her voice faded away and her eyes shut.

"Me too" Haily and Aryanna spoke, realizing that Alana had already passed away.