Finding Her

It had been several days since Aryanna had stormed out of Safiyah's house; she hadn't returned yet. Everyone was worried and were looking for her.

"Oh my god! Where is she? I hope she is alright" Safiyah began.

"It's all my fault" Amaan sighed; they were all at Safiyah's house, again.

"No, it's not your fault; she's just stressed out and don't worry, Aryanna is a smart girl. She's safe" Safiyah added.

"I just want to see her once and apologise" Amaan continued.

"Right, we need to find her, today" Amaan said, as he got up.

"Yes but where can we find her? She's not picking up her phone and we have searched everywhere" Safiyah spoke.

"Wait... whenever Aryanna is upset, she goes to the beach that is close to her house and she must be staying at one of the hotels opposite the beach" Amaan said.

"Yeah... probably" Safiyah said, not sure but she trusted Amaan.

After half an hour, they were at the beach. The sun was setting and Amaan could only see a figure sitting on the big rocks, on the beach.

"That's her!" he shouted.

He ran as fast as he could towards her; Safiyah stayed behind.

Aryanna was sitting there, wrapping her arms around her legs and crying.

"Hey..." Amaan spoke.

"Hi... Why are you here?" Aryanna asked.

"I'm here for you" he replied.

"Leave me alone" Aryanna whispered.

"No, I'm not going to leave you alone. I'm here to talk and I'm going to talk" Amaan said.

Aryanna opened her mouth, then shut it back.

"Look" Amaan began, as he took her hands.

"I'm here to say sorry about what I done and said to you the other day" Amaan spoke.

"It's alright, I lost it when you asked if it reminded me of anything" Aryanna responded.

"No problem. You can take as long as you want; your memory will slowly come back to you" Amaan added.

"Amaan, I'm going to ask for the last time; was there anything between me and you?" Aryanna questioned.

"I-" Amaan said.

"There couldn't have been; I've only ever loved Valy" Aryanna spoke.

Every word stung. He felt like he wanted to take out his heart and step on it. Why was love so difficult?

"Yeah, I know" Amaan whispered, as he tried to fight back tears.

"So, was there anything between us?" Aryanna asked.

"No" Amaan replied.

Aryanna smiled and got up.

"Good, I knew" she said.

'I wish you knew' Amaan thought.