Forgiving And Forgetting

"Anyways, I have finally decided to forgive you and move on with my life" Aryanna spoke.

"Forgive me? Aryanna, I think you are making a mistake. You were the one who left me; I didn't leave you. Anyways, I forgive you. I may not be able to forget what you done and said in the past but I will try and not think about it. As much as I say I don't care about Haily, I can't just leave her. My eyes have finally opened and I've realised that we can never be together. Sometimes, love just doesn't work and I guess that is just the way it is. You know, people say that they love each other but then they leave each other for other people. They say they can't live without certain people but in the end, they manage to live without them. The weak ones who can't take it just commit suicide. I've been very strong these ten years, I managed to stay alive for the sake of it. I lived for you but I know see that there is not point. We cannot get together. I stayed alive because I knew someone, Haily, counted on me. You were my everything but then I was her everything. And so, sometimes we just have to make sacrifices. I always loved you and regretted losing you all of my life but today, for the first time, I feel it like it wasn't the biggest mistake of my life. You know why, because I have someone who loves me in my life and she is Haily. Even though I don't give her much attention, she still cares and loves me. And today, for the very first time, I feel love towards her. I feel... I feel as if she deserves to be loved. After all, it was not her fault. Why am I treating her this way when truly, she has no fault. We made these decisions and I don't see why she should be punished for them" Valy said.

Aryanna was in tears. She was wiping them away so she could speak.

"You know what-" Aryanna began.

"I know, you are going to get angry, upset and start screaming but please try to understand" Valy interrupted.

Aryanna began laughing.

"Valy, you know me of the old! Anyways, for the very first time, you are wrong about me. I'm not going to scream and shout, instead, I'm going to be happy and be joyful" Aryanna spoke.

Valy looked confused.

"Just look at your face! Anyways, you have made me terribly happy today. I'm so glad that you finally realized that life and love isn't so easy. I'm happy about the fact that you finally accepted Haily. It's the only thing I ever wanted, since the day I made you make promises. All these ten years, I haven't cried just for your loss, I've cried for the loss of a friend and the fact that I knew that the love she was getting was all fake" said Aryanna.

"Today, I'm happy that she is getting real love and that you realized that maybe we were not made for each other" she added.

"Yes, I'm happy too" Valy spoke.

"Let's just forget the past and move one, happily" Aryanna said.

"Sure" Valy replied.

"Now, are we friends now?" Aryanna asked.

"No doubts" Valy replied as he wiped away the few tears that were on his cheeks.

They looked at each other and after a few seconds, they both ran into each other and hugged.

Aryanna closed her eyes. She felt his warm embrace after ten years but it felt different, now. She liked him only as a friend and didn't get butterflies when she hugged him.

After a long period of time, they pulled away.

To their surprise, they heard someone sniffing and another coughing. They looked around, it was Amaan and Haily.