In Love... Again?

Aryanna didn't see Valy since she had left the hospital with Amaan. She hadn't seen Haily since she fell unconscious in Scoops, two weeks ago.

"One more spoon" said Amaan, feeding Aryanna.

"You know I can use my hands" said Aryanna, smiling.

She had a strange feeling, a feeling she had had before yet this time it was stronger.

Aryanna was distracted from her thoughts.

"Aryanna" Amaan said, softly.

"Yes?" asked Aryanna.

Before she had realised, Amaan was sitting really close to her.

"Ummm, I need to do something-" spoke Aryanna, getting up only to be pulled back by Amaan.

"Don't say anything" he whispered, getting close to her.

Aryanna felt like she was burning.

'I've fell in love once and I think that was enough' she thought to herself.

Just then, she felt Amaan's lips on hers.

'Why am I not pushing away? Why do I feel as if this is right? This cannot be right. I am betraying Valy... Valy is not mine anyways...' Aryanna thought to herself.

At that, she pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I can't..." Aryanna spoke, slowly.

"It's okay, I understand" replied Amaan.

"We can't be together" added Aryanna.

"It's funny, I never asked you to give me a response, I just wanted to express my feelings for you. Ten years ago, when I left, I stopped believing in love but when I saw you again, I realised that love still existed" said Amaan, in response.

That sounded familiar. At that, it came to her mind. Ten years ago, when she spoke to Valy for the first time, she had said the same thing.

Aryanna didn't know what to say so she stayed silent and looked down.

"Okay... I'm going..." spoke Amaan.

"Oh and I forgot to tell you, I'm going back to Australia" he said.

Aryanna stood still, speechless. Amaan was leaving. He was leaving her.

"I had come back to London for a while and then I stayed longer when I heard that you were at the hospital. I stayed with you for two weeks, hoping that you would give me a chance, a chance to show you how much I loved you, how much I wanted you but now you say you don't want me, what can I do? I wanted to tell you that I will love you more than Valy and never give you a reason to cry or get upset" he spoke, truthfully.

"But Valy..." Aryanna said.

Amaan sighed.

"Are you going to spend all your life wanting Valy? Wishing that he was yours?" shouted Amaan.

Aryanna began crying.

"I can't forget him" she whispered.

Amaan took her by her arms softly.

"You've spent lots of your life in pain anyways; how long do you want to carry on like this?" questioned Amaan.

"If he really wanted you, he would have never listened to the promises you made him make! He should have taken your hands and said that he wasn't going to leave you, ever. But he didn't do that!" Amaan shouted.

"How do you know about the promises?..." asked Aryanna, puzzled.

"Lesley, the only person you had told, told me. She made me promise to not tell anyone otherwise you would be really upset and hurt. I really wanted to tell Haily but I stopped myself, only for you" Amaan replied.

Oh, okay, thanks.... Why is love so difficult?" Aryanna questioned, crying again.

Amaan hugged her.

"I don't know, I guess that's just the way it is. You know people say they love someone, they say they can't live without someone but they leave them, they leave the one they love for someone else. It's just the way life is" Amaan said, as he pulled away.

"It's crazy" Aryanna said, wiping her tears.

"It is" Amaan added, as he picked up his bag.

"Anyways, I wish you all the best. I hope that one day you move on from Valy and leave the past in the past. Oh and remember, I will always wait for you, even if means my entire life" Amaan spoke.

He walked towards the door, leaving Aryanna.

Aryanna looked at him as he walked away.

'Stop him' she thought but she could not do so.

Amaan turned around.

"I will always love you" he said, before closing the door behind him.