Old Times

Aryanna had come back to her own house three weeks ago and had settled down. Aryanna's parents had come over for two weeks and left the day before. Safiyah, Lesley and Aryanna's other friends had visited her several times but Amaan hadn't come to see Aryanna in the three weeks.

Aryanna had just come out of the shower and was sitting in the living room with a cup of hot chocolate in her hand. Just when she was going to drink, the door bell rang. She walked to the door. She was wearing shorts, which revealed her smooth legs and had a light blue, baggy shirt on. Aryanna swung the door open, without thinking about who it may be. To her surprise, it was Valy. He was standing there with a bunch of red roses in his hands - Aryanna's favorites.

Valy gazed at Aryanna. He then gave her the flowers; Aryanna accepted them.

"Hey" Valy greeted.

"Hi, come in" Aryanna replied, looking down.

They walked in and both took a seat on the couch - apart form each other.

"Remember the old days when we sat together and watched films?" Valy asked.

"How could I forget" Aryanna replied.

Valy smiled.

"Anyways, what are you here for?" Aryanna asked, casually.

"Can't I just come to see you?" Valy questioned.

"Oh yeah, of course, I was just asking" Aryanna said, smiling.

"The way we speak is so different; in the past you would just ignore me if you saw me but now we are like friends" Valy said.

"Yes, I think that's best for both of us. I mean, what is the point of being enemies? We would die that way and what is the point? It's not like we can get together, now. You have a family now and I'm just happy with the way that my life is" Aryanna stated.

"You've changed. You didn't say these things in the past" Valy said.

"Well, time has only taught me one thing; life goes on. Whether you decide to move on with it or not, it goes on and if you stay, you will look up and see that you are very far behind; you've just got to go along with it" Aryanna sighed.

"True" Valy said.