I can't believe it or you (Levy McGarden x Mermaid! Reader) A + L💚

Part One: We Were Happy Once (Can be found in Levy Week)

A hooded figure walked down the streets of Crocus. A purple cloak was hiding their face as their brown boots clicked against the stones. People walked by them, laughing, talking, all that jazz. They remained silent. "Apples! Fresh apples! Get your apples!" They looked at the stand of apples. They approached the stand. "One Honeycrisp apple, please." It was a woman. "Here you go, that'll be five coins." The woman pulled out five gold coins. "Have a nice day, Ma'am." The woman walked away, taking a big bite out the apple. As she passed a local pub, she could hear loud music and cheers coming from inside. The woman pulled her hood down. Levy McGarden pushed the door open. A large group of men with beer circled a stage where a young lady with blonde hair was dancing in a belly dancer outfit. Levy rolled her eyes. A woman was cleaning some cups at the bar. "What is someone like yourself doing in a place like the Fairy pub?" She had long white hair in a ponytail.

"I heard the commotion, thought I'd check it out on my own," the cheers grew louder and the woman and levy looked at the stage. The blonde girl had done a flip and was now doing spins, "what's up with the dancer?" Levy asked after she ordered a beer. "That's Lucy Heartfilia, she's an official member of this bar, but she does the dancing for our fellow members. Ever since the rumor that King Zeref from Alveraz would come and declare war, most of the men have been out of it. Most of us girls decided to put on shows for them. That's Lucy's husband right there." A man with spiky pink hair was cheering for this Lucy girl. "What's your name, anyway?" The woman asked. "Levy McGarden, you?"

"Mirajane Strauss." The music ended and Lucy jumped off the stage. She made her way to her husband once a new song started. It had violins, flutes, and drums. (Happy no theme) Levy looked towards the stage and nearly dropped her cup. A woman, Levy's age, with y/h/c hair in a bob cut and y/e/c eyes was dancing on the stage in a scarlet red outfit. The top was much like the previous dancer's top, mostly like a bra but silk, and the bottom was a short silk skirt with two slits on the side. As she danced, she played the tambourine. A thing red silk covered her mouth but an obvious smile was on her lips as she pranced around the stage. "Ah, that's Y/n, she joined the bar a long time ago. She was only seventeen when we met her. Such long beautiful hair, now it's a bob." Mira stopped talking when Levy started walking away.

Her eyes were wide, tears in them. The song was coming to an end and Y/n did one final spin with her leg touching the top of her head. When the song ended, Y/n faced Levy. Y/n's smile fell when she saw the bluenette. Everyone looked at Y/n with confused eyes. "Levy?" She asked. Levy could only nod her head. Y/n covered her mouth, crying. "Levy!" Y/n jumped off the stage, taking Levy into her arms. Levy wrapped her arms around Y/n, sobbing on her shoulder. Everyone took steps back, giving the reunited couple space.

"Where have you been?" Y/n asked Levy. The two were now on top of the pub roof, the music still loud downstairs as a girl named Juvia did her dance. "I could ask you the same thing." Levy snapped, suddenly angry. "I came back." Y/n said shocked. "No you didn't, I did. I came back for five years before I decided to leave town. You didn't come back once." Y/n was growing angry with Levy. "Yes, I did! I came back for five years!" Levy rose to her feet. "Then how are you here?! With legs and dancing in a fucking pub!" Y/n rose to her feet. "I sold my legs to a sea witch so I could find you!" 

"Well good job, babe," Levy spat the name like it was venom, "I'm sure you were looking high and low for those twenty years! How about we bond over some beer?! We're both fucking thirty-seven!" Y/n held her hand over her heart like Levy had actually stabbed her there. "I did! Only last year did I realize you might've moved on from me! Only last year did I realize you must've hated me for what I did! I left you! For twenty years and I have never forgiven myself! I thought you'd be safe without me, and I still came back!" Levy slapped Y/n across the face. Tears streamed down her face quickly and a red mark was on Y/ns cheek. She held her hand over it. "Safe! Safe?! I thought you'd be safer without me! I knew that if I wasn't with you you'd be safe from the hunters! But I didn't break your heart into a million pieces! I didn't hurt you! You hurt me! I can't believe it or you!"

Y/n slapped Levy right back, once she recovered from the initial shock. "Well, I can't believe you! I apologized, I expressed how I wanted to keep you safe, and you accuse me of breaking your heart! I loved you! I thought you loved me, too!" Levy gripped her knuckles, drawing blood. "I did love you! I loved you more than any book in the library, more than any friend I had, more than any creature of human in existence, and you took that love away! I tried getting over you! I tried not to want you in my life! But I couldn't! I loved you then! I love you now! After twenty fucking years! I still want you! I still want you in my life! I still want to see your smile, hear your laugh, feel your lips against mine, your body, I still want all of you!"

"Mmh!" Y/n smashed her lips onto Levy's lips. Tears were running down her face just like Levy. Levy kissed back roughly. Y/n wrapped her arms around Levy's neck while the ladder wrapped her arms around Y/n's waist. Their tears mixed with the kiss, giving it a salty, watery taste and feel. Y/n's hands found their ways into Levy's hair. The blue haired woman nibbled at Y/n's bottom lip, begging for entrance. Y/n, being the uke she is, opened up instantly. Levy threw her tongue into the mouth. The two girl's tongue's danced in circular motions. Levy ran her hands up Y/n's waist to her chest. She slid her hand under Y/n's shirt to her breasts. Y/n started moaning when Levy started massaging her breast. Her index finger was rubbing in a circle on her nipple. The two girls pulled away, air needed. Levy's hand slid out from Y/n's shirt and fell to her side.

"I'm so sorry, I love you." Y/n said, her tears still falling. Levy smiled before taking Y/n into her arms. "I love you, too. I never stopped." Y/n hugged back happily, the biggest smile on her face. Levy rested her face on Y/n's shoulder. "I have a question," Levy whispered. "Yeah?" Y/n asked. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes."