Street Music (Levy McGarden x Musician! Cana Alberona) S

Cana

I'm a watcher. I've watched my entire life. I watched my best friend fall through the windshield window. I watched the ambulance take her away as I started blacking out. I watched the heart monitor go into a long straight line. I watched my grades drop from B's to F's. I watched my parents tell the principle that I was dropping out. I watched my parents throw my guitar into its case. I watched them shove it in my hands. Then me out of the house. I watched people walk past me with wallets full of cash. I've watched people steal from my cup full of money when they thought I wasn't looking. I'm a watcher. The rain was coming down today, and it was cold. Seems my grey sweatshirt, jeans, and tennis shoes weren't gonna keep me warm. Again. I pulled the hood over my head before pulling out my guitar. I started strumming it as people ran out of the rain.

"Do you ever feel like breaking down?

Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands youDo you ever want to run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room?
With the radio turned up so loud
That no one hears you screamingNo, you don't know what its like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what its like to be like me
To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one there to save you
No, you don't know what its like
Welcome to my life
Do you want to be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more
Before your life is over
Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With the big fake smiles and stupid lies
But deep inside you're bleedingNo, you don't know what its like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what its like to be like me
To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one there to save you
No, you don't know what its like
Welcome to my life, no one ever lied straight to your face
And no one ever stabbed you in the back
You might think I'm happy
But I'm not gonna be okay
Everybody always gave you what you wanted
You never had to work it was always there
You don't know what its like
What its like to be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one there to save you
No, you don't know what its like
What its like to be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No, you don't know what its like
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life." 

When I finished there were claps. I curiously looked up. A small girl in an orange dress and red coat with beautiful blue hair and brown eyes. She was smiling happily. I blushed. "You're very good. Are you a street performer?" I nodded shyly. Th girl smiled then started going through her purse. She pulled out a small blue bag. I watched as she handed me twenty dollars. "T-thank you." The two of us blushed. "W-well, I hope to see you again." As the girl walked away I watched. "I-I'm Cana!" I called awkwardly. The girl stopped then looked at me. "Levy!" She called back, walking away with pink cheeks. I fiddled with the twenty dollars with a smile.

The next day was much more beautiful. Sunny, clouds, perfect for playing. My sweatshirt was wrapped around my waist to reveal the black tank top. I was playing "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol when a figure was standing over me.I looked up to see Levy smiling at me. "Cana, Chasing Cars?" I nodded shyly."May I?" Levy gestured to the spot next to me. I nodded nervously. Levy eagerly joined me. I played my guitar while taking the occasional glance at Levy. "I should get going to work. I hope to see you tomorrow!" I smiled. "I never leave," I said as she ran away.

It was night time, some cars were driving past me. I started coughing violently. Blood spat out of my mouth and onto the ground. My sides were hurting, my heart was beating rapidly. I continued to couch out blood until a group of teenagers found me. "Call 911!" One yelled. All I remember after that were red and blue lights. Paramedics. And someone with blue hair holding my guitar. "Lev...y?"

I woke up. I was in the hospital. Doctors were talking to Levy. "I-I only met her a few days ago but she doesn't seem to have a family." I started coughing. The three looked at me. "Ms. Alberona, you are very sick, you have a rare case of Yellow Fever." I was trying to process what I was being told. After a few tests, the doctors left leaving Levy with me. "Yellow Fever?" I asked and she nodded. "Can I have my guitar?" Levy handed it to me quickly. I tried playing a song, but it ended in me coughing harder. Levy rested her hands on my shoulders. "I'll stay here if you want." I nodded.

A few days went by, I got sicker, but Levy stayed with me. I started loving her. I couldn't lie to myself anymore, I'm dying. It was day five of me being hospitalized. Levy never stopped coming. "Cana," Levy said, "what are you doing?" I was running my fingers through the strings. I suddenly started strumming, badly, and singing.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you."

When I finished Levy was crying. "Levy," my heart monitor was slowing down, "I wanted to tell you that I..." Levy ran towards me. "Cana!" She screamed. "I love you." Then everything went black. 'Just, let me hear if she loves me back.'