Chapter 28-Reality or Nightmare

Start from the beginning

"No." She said.

She gets up and backs away to a corner in the cave. She held her head in pain. She kept shaking her head 'no'. I looked back at Jack. He mouthed the word 'mad'. I knew he was right. But that just makes me want to help her more. No matter what I want to protect her.

Ella's P.O.V.

I was fighting thoughts. I was fighting between what was reality and what was nightmare. I had seen Dustin choke me. I knew it was not real since I witnessed it. I heard voices in my head. Telling me what to do and what to think.

It put me in much pain. I had to leave. I couldn't let them near me in this state. When I stood up my head started pounding. I heard screams. I heard my screams. My nightmare was coming to haunt me; literally. I felt the pounding from when I tried to break the invisible wall. I heard my screams from when I was trying to get out.

I sat in the corner of the cave. I kept holding my head. Dustin came by. He took my hands.

"Come on Ella. Let's go." He said.

"No." I whisper.

"What?"

"I'm not leaving this spot. For your sake." I answer.

"I'll be okay. I just want you to be." He says puling me up.

I turned to see his face. It was solemn and loving. But that changed. His face morphed into something else. Something terrifying. Something unnatural. Something that wasn't my Dustin. It was horrible. It resembled Damien in my dream along with the anger and hatred from Dustin in my dream.

I pushed myself away. I bared my fangs at him. My eyes were red with anger, I could tell. I kept bearing my fangs to get it to leave. It approached me. It pulled me close to it and held me in it's arms. I felt a chill run down my back. I felt clawing. I started pounding on it's back. I kept trying to make it disappear. But it didn't.

I had stopped struggling. I started to tear up again. I was trapped. Trapped by the voice. It was messing with my mind. The cave in front of me transformed back and forth. From the cave that I knew was there, to the burned house that I was seeing.

"Let me go. Release me from being your prisoner." I whispered.

"You are no prisoner. You are my subject." The voice said.

"Subject?" I questioned.

"You are to show me life even though you are not living. But instead you have told me a story. Your tragic life. You are destined for great things, dear Eleanor. No matter how much you doubt it,  you are destined for greatness. Even though you do not see why now. I know. It is all inside your mind. In places where you cannot reach. I have been watching you since you were born. I had thought I was a protector. But I am not." It says.

"A protector doesn't haunt my dreams and my mind." I say.

"I see that now. I have tested you with that. I shall be testing often. Times when you do not expect it. I shall always be here, young Eleanor. You have failed in proving your mental strength. You fall and crumble at the sight of your worst fears. You are weak. But you have shown me something I have not seen from you yet; love. This young werewolf has opened your eyes to it, as well as mine. He, I now see, is your guardian angel. He is the one that is meant to protect you. He is the one that shall show where your heart truly lies." It says.

I had then fallen. The voice had raised me into the air somehow. I am now on the floor of the cave. Dustin runs over to me. He kneels down next to me. He takes my hand. I lift my head. He smiles. He pulls me into his embrace. Jack comes over as well. Jack hugs me. I must have really scared them.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Dustin says, pulling me back into his embrace from Jack's.

"I hurt you." I say sadly.

"It's okay. I just don't want you to be hurt." He says as he takes my face in his hands.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I don't know exactly. It's hard to explain." Dustin says.

"But we believe you're going mad." Jack says.

Dustin gives Jack a low growl at the comment. But it didn't last long. I know he agrees. I probably seemed that way. I would have thought so as well.

I take in the voices words; 'He, I now see, is your guardian angel. He is the one that is meant to protect you. He is the one that shall show where your heart truly lies'. I have heard that before. I try to retrieve the memory. It was vague. A person outbursting. Asking where someone's hearts lied. I was not able to remember anything else from that memory.

I then thought about what the voice had said about Dustin being my guardian angel. This brings up a memory of Julie, on the night of her death. Before she was shot. Before Harry drained her blood. It was after her mother died. Julie said that her mother was now a guardian angel. I had asked her what a guardian angel was. She had said it was a person who has past away that watches over you. She had said that your guardian angel will always protect you. At the time, I didn't believe it for her mother's guardian angel had not saved her. I had told Julie this. She then said that everything happens for a reason.

I now believe in it. I believe that Dustin is my guardian angel. That he is my living guardian angel. He has protected me as best as he can so far. Who is to say he won't keep protecting me? But I know he can not protect me forever. Especially if I find that my heart lies with my family.