Chapter 42: Surprise!

Lauren's POV:

"Lauren what the hell? Shut the fuck up, I want to sleep." Sarah groans from her bed putting a pillow over her head, so I take Normani out of our room. "Sorry." I say whispering and close the door behind us. "Please let me explain." Normani says as soon as we're alone again. "Explain what? That you're a fucking psychopath?" I say trying to keep my cool. After the band broke up and we told Simon and the other producers what Normani had done with Austin and Cole, she disappeared. Maybe she was scared of what would happen to her after the truth came out or just really ashamed for being such a shitty friend. "No, Lauren you don't get it." She tells me rubbing her temples. "How did you even know I was here? I'm seriously creeped out right now. I don't want to see you." I say holding my head, and then remember they always knew where we were and what we were doing so I shouldn't be surprised at all. "Lauren please." Normani pleads staring into my eyes. "Please what? You're fucking crazy." I say trying to keep my voice down, but I fail. "I'm not, just hear me out." She says and her voice cracks. "You have no idea how terrible I feel. I was a jealous mess, and I know nothing justifies what we did, but I loved you Lauren. I loved you so much and it made me so mad when you chose Camila over me again, and again. I know what I did was really stupid, and I don't expect you to forgive me, but please know how sorry I am." She says sincerely and it takes me a while to come up with an answer. "You have no idea how scared we were Normani. If you've ever been in love you'll understand how horrible it is to know the person you love is in danger. Thinking about Camila being hurt by you guys kept me up at night so many times, and you not only ruined our lives, but also ruined our career. The band broke up because of you, and I don't even know why I'm still having this fucking conversation with you. Please leave." I say holding back my tears. Remembering about those horrible times when we had no damn idea who was torturing us still sends shivers down my spine, and seeing Normani's face doesn't make things any better. "I'm so sorry Lo, you have no idea how sorry I am." She says softly putting her hand on my arm. "Just go, please. I can't see you anymore." I tell her almost in a whisper. It's too fucking hard to go through this again, I really can't do this by myself. I start walking back to my room when I hear a familiar voice in the hallways. "Normani? What are you doing here?" I recognize the voice I had long to hear for a long time, and I immediately turn around to face her. "Camz? Oh my God." I say running to hug her and I can't hold back the tears anymore. Camila leaves her bags on the floor and hugs me tightly too, and I can't deny it feels like heaven to have her with me. "What are you doing here?" I ask holding her face and plant a soft kiss on her lips. "Surprise." She says softly and connects our lips for a more passionate kiss this time. "But I guess I wasn't the only one trying to surprise you today." She says softly and turns to look at Normani, but she's gone. "I don't want to talk about anyone else babe, I missed you so much! I'm so happy to see you." I tell her pulling her in for a hug again and I hear her sighing. "Then please stop crying." She says wiping the tears away from my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I'm just really overwhelmed." I explain remembering about Normani, but I really don't want to think about anyone other than Camila. "I couldn't wait a week to see you again Lo, sorry if this was too impulsive." She tells me with a shy smile and stares directly into my eyes. It's amazing how many things she can make me feel with just one look. "What? No, this is the best thing that could've happened to me." I answer holding her face and crash our lips once more. I missed that so much, I actually missed everything about her so much. Suddenly I hear someone clearing her throat behind me, making us pull apart. I turn around and see Sarah, in her underwear I might add, leaning against the doorframe. "You must be Camila, I'm her roommate, Sarah." She says with a grin and Camila walks over to shake her hand. "Hi, I've heard a lot about you." Camila says politely. "Wish I could say the same about you." Sarah answers smugly and before walking back to our room she shots me a quick look. "What's up with her?" Camila asks me biting her lip. "Ugh, long story, last night was awful." I tell her holding her hand. "I'll tell you all about it, but I'm starving. Are you up for a breakfast date?" I ask with a smile and see her nod softly. "Are you alright?" I add making her face me and her newly sad eyes are set on mine. "Yeah, lets go." She says faking a smile. "Camila it's not what you think. I've thought about you every single seconds of the past few weeks. Everything I do reminds me of you, you are always on my mind. And Sarah is..." I start saying but she interrupts me. "A really cool girl? You forgot to mention she's hot and clearly into you." Camila says snatching her hand away from mine and crosses her arms over her chest. "But I'm only into you, and I love you and no one else." I assure looking deeply into her chocolate eyes. "For how long Lauren? You'll get tired of waiting eventually." She says biting her bottom lip. "No, I won't, you're the one for me Camz, and I will love you for a thousand years..." I say singing the last part and see a soft smile appear on her face. "I promise. I'll wait for you until the day I can look you in the eyes and say: I do." I add sweetly and peck her lips. "You're going to make me cry now." Camila says with a soft laugh. She holds my hand again and we start walking outside of campus. I hadn't seen her in a long time, but I still now food is the way to her heart. Suddenly my phone buzzes on my pocket.

From: Unknown Number

I promise this is over, I'm really sorry about everything Lo.

-N

Camila's POV:

Lauren tells me about her night with Sarah yesterday as we walk to the restaurant and I'm really starting to dislike that bitch. She makes it seem like it was really no big deal and immediately changes the subject to her classes and my tour, but my head is clearly still stuck in something else. When we finally get in and find a sort of secluded table, Lauren starts looking at the menu excitedly. "So about Sarah..." I say casually and see her roll her eyes. "Camz come on! Can we make this about us? I already told you there's nothing going on between us. I only have eyes for you babe." She says holding my hand over the table. "No, I know, it's just that she clearly wants to start something with you and I'm not sure how I feel about you sleeping in the same room with the girls who wants to fuck you against a wall." I explain and hear a soft giggle. "She doesn't want to fuck me against anything, she was really drunk last night, and she was just playing with you earlier, but if it makes you feel better I can ask for a roommate swap." She tells me sweetly and kisses my hand. "Can you do something like that? I thought roommates were assigned to you." I say lifting an eyebrow. "Baby don't forget you're dating a superstar." Lauren answers with a grin and plants a kiss on my lips. After a while the waiter walks to us and asks for our orders. Even though I was starving not too long ago, that whole encounter with Sarah made me lose my appetite, but I ask for a glass of orange juice anyway. "So..." Lauren starts saying with a sigh and I set my eyes on hers. "I really didn't want to ask this question because I know I'm going to hate the answer, but for long are you staying?" She says biting her lip. "Sunday night, but I'll come back next Friday so you'll get to see a lot of me." I answer rubbing the top of her hand with hers. "That's not enough." She says softly. "But it's better than nothing, right? Besides I can tell college is making you really happy." I tell her with a smile. "Yeah, don't get me wrong, but I wish I could have both things in my like. And if I could only pick one I'd pick you every single time." She says staring deeply into my eyes. "Wow, you're really poetic today, aren't you?" I say giggling trying to hide the tears trying to escape from my eyes. Hearing her say stuff like that makes my heart flutter. "I love you Camz, I can't help it." She tells me with a smile. "And I love you, so please promise me you're going to make the best out of this experience." I add and she nods softly. "I promise." When the waiter comes with our food we thank him and start eating enthusiastically and talking about random things. I decided not to tell her about my doubts about my career choice and how much they're tormenting me right now. Worrying her is the last thing I want to do, especially now that she's finally putting her life together. After we're done we walk back to her room because she needs to photocopy biology stuff or something, and when she opens the door Sarah greets us with a grin from her bed. "Hey sexy, what are you up to?" She asks Lauren and my blood boils at the sound of her words. "Just showing Camila around and now I need to get some shit for next weeks bio test." Lauren answers without even correcting her for calling her sexy. "You're a lucky girl Camila, Lauren is pretty rad." Sarah says with a smirk. "I know she is, that's why I love her so much." I say putting my arm protectively around her waist. "Oh young love, so naive." She says mockingly. I really can't stand her, oh my God. After Lauren grabs whatever the hell she needs, we walk out of the most awkward place in the world. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that Lauren isn't into her like that, but I still hate her for trying to still my girl. Suddenly I get a text, making me stop walking. "What happened Camz?" Lauren asks me worriedly as I take out my phone and read the text out loud. "It's from Austin." I announce squinting my eyes. "Hey tour buddy, did you hear the good news? Can't wait to travel around the world with you. Xoxo." I finish saying and Lauren's jaw drops. "Are you fucking serious?" She asks and I shake my head in shock. Fuck. My. Life.