Chapter 6: Déjà Vu

Camila's POV:

Its been three hours since I last heard from Lauren and I'm starting to get worried. Where the hell is she? I can't deal with this right now, its not my fault she has become this reckless, selfish girl who thinks she has the right to disappear whenever the hell she wants to. She wasn't like this, I swear she has changed so much, its like I don't even know her anymore. But just thinking about her eyes makes me fall over and over again, and it seems kind of impossible to let her go and move on. How are you supposed to just erase so many amazing memories? She was my world for so long, and now I have to pretend she doesn't even exist? Harder than is seems, trust me. I've been laying on my bed for the past three hours, staring at my phone, waiting for her to let me know she's alive. And when I am about to give up I see her name calling me. "Hello?" I answer anxiously. "Hey Camz, I'm sorry I didn't call before." She says softly. "I'm just happy you're okay, where the fuck are you?" I say with a mix of anger and concern in my voice. "Ummm I'm not quite sure, but we drove for like ten hours to get here. The thing is we have a flat tire and no one is coming to help us and I don't know what the hell to do. Cole went to look for help like thirty minutes ago and he hasn't come back and I'm scared, I'm sorry, I didn't know who else to call." Lauren tells me. "I'm going to get you, but I need some sort of reference to find you." I say impulsively, but I don't have a license or a car, so I don't know how I'm going to do it. "No, please don't! You'd have to drive all day alone to get here." She says and her voice cracks a little at the end. "Lauren I don't give a fuck, I'm going to find you." I say and hear footsteps approaching my room. "Is that Lauren? Camila let me talk to her." I hear Normani's voice as she tries to snatch my phone from my hand. "Stop, I'm talking to her." I say annoyed covering my phone with my hand. "I need to talk to her too, but she hasn't picked up any of my calls. You don't understand!" She demands trying to reach for my phone. Oh, I do understand you little bitch, trust me. "Normani stop it!" I say softly pushing her away. "Camila please, I need to talk to her." She says staring at me with puppy eyes and finally gets to take my phone away from my hand. "Lauren oh my God, is everything okay? What happened?" Normani says and my jaw tightness with anger. "What? I thought you had to deal with some family stuff, I mean that's what Camila told us." She says giving me a judgmental look. It looks like Lauren decided to tell her the truth after all. "I'm going to be there as soon as I can okay? We need to talk about last night." She adds pacing around my room. "Oh sister you're going nowhere, you're staying right here in this apartment and I'll go find her myself." I tell Normani but she chooses to ignore me. "Okay Lo, I'll see you soon, I love you." She says, hangs up and hands me back my phone. "Did you hear what I just said?" I ask as she tries to walk out of Lauren's room. "Yeah, but I don't care. Lauren told me to make sure you don't come Mila, I'm sorry." She says rubbing my arm but I snatch it away. "You're lying." I say angrily and Normani sighs. "There's no way I'm staying here. I don't care what Lauren said, I'm coming with you." I say walking out of the room and Normani follows me. "Do we even know where she is?" She asks me picking up her keys. "Nope, no fucking clue. But we'll find her." I say confidently while opening the door. "And what do we tell the girls? And Ingrid?" She asks me whispering. "They don't need to know about everything. Now lets go, every minute we spend here she's alone in the middle of an unknown road." I start saying. "So are you coming or not?" I add and she nods following me out of our apartment. Is this by any means awkward? I'm going on a road trip to God knows where to try to find my ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend with one of my friends who happens to have feelings for my ex girlfriend and kissed her a couple of hours ago. I guess awkward is one of the many words that can describe this situation. We hop in the car and realize we have no freaking clue where to go, so Normani decides to call Lauren. "Hey Lo, I'm in the car and I don't know where to go, you need to give me some sort of reference." She says starting the car. "Oh, okay, yeah. Perfect, see you in a couple of hours." Normani says hanging up. "So? Where is she?" I ask anxiously. "Somewhere in New Mexico, that's all she knows." Normani tells me and my heart starts to rush. We were in New Mexico, that was our hide away, and now she's there with Cole. "I know the way, lets go." I say fastening my seatbelt. "Why do you know the way to New Mexico?" Normani asks me confused. "Long story, but Lauren should be happy I decided to ignore her request and come anyway." I say grinning and we start to drive. New Mexico, here I go again.