Chapter 25: Calm Down

Lauren's POV:

Saying it out loud for the first time made everything feel so real. I had been trying to deny the facts for so long, and now I finally said it. And the look of confusion, shock and desperation in Camila's face makes me lose my breath. "Wow I umm... I'm sorry Lauren I didn't know... Why... Why didn't you tell me?" She starts stuttering. "I'm not completely sure yet, but it would make sense. You can't tell anybody Camz, please." I say softly and hold her cold hand. "You need to go to the doctor, like right now." She says taking her hand away. "I can't, we leave for our album tour in less than a week and..." "Lauren stop! You need to go!" She interrupts me full of anger. "Please calm down Camz." I say putting my hand on her face, but she pushes me away. "Don't tell me to fucking calm down, God!" She answers staring directly into my eyes. "I'm sorry, okay? But you need to understand..." I start to say until Ally walks out of our dressing room. "Hey girls hurry up! We're going to McDonalds." She says excitedly. "I'm not hungry, I'll just walk home." Camila says and starts running out of the building. "I won't go either Ally, sorry. There's something I need to do." I apologize politely and start following Camila as fast as I can. "Camz come on, stop running." I say catching my breath, but she keeps running down the dark streets of L.A. After a while of chasing her, she slows down and kneels on the middle of the street, where she starts sobbing uncontrollably. I get to her and put my trembling hand on her back. "Don't fucking touch me!" She snaps as soon as she feels my touch. "Babe I'm sorry, please lets go home so we can talk." I tell her kneeling next to her. People start walking around us, but Camila doesn't really care. "I don't want to, leave me alone." She says coldly and looks away. "I know you're upset, but..." "Upset? Fuck Lauren, you don't get it! You can't just say you think you might be pregnant and then tell me you don't want to go to the doctor because of that stupid tour." She says standing up. "I know, I'm sorry okay? I'm just really freaked out." I try to explain. I put my warm hand on her cheek making her look at me and wipe some tears away from her face. "I am sorry, I should've told you before." I say softly and try to make eye contact. When I finally get to look into her deep brown eyes I can't help but trap her trembling lips between mine. I know its risky, I know someone will probably recognize us and this will ruin everything, but I need to comfort her somehow after how badly I screwed up. She rests her hands on my chest and softly pulls apart. "You shouldn't have done that." She whispers staring at the ground, but I lift her chin with my finger making her face me. "I'm sorry, lets go home now, please." I beg her and after a couple of seconds she nods her head. I tightly hold her hand and we walk in silence back to our apartment. I was looking forward to spending the night with her somewhere away from the girls, but I guess that will have to wait. We have bigger things to worry about.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" I ask Camila who's snuggling on the living room couch with a blanket on top of her slender body. "No, thanks." She says softly and I join her, barely touching her knee with mine. She sighs loudly and I scoot closer to her, resting my hand on her thigh. "Will you come with me?" I ask her softly. "What?" She says biting her lip. "To the doctor tomorrow, will you come with me?" I repeat with a soft smile. "Yeah, of course I will." She says putting her hand on top of mine. "I'm glad you're doing this Lo, your health is more important than any stupid tour. And I want you to know that I am here for you whatever happens. We'll get through this together." She assures staring deeply into my eyes. "Thanks babe, I love you." I say and she cuddles next to me. "So do you have any idea what you're doing yet?" She asks me as I play with her silky hair. "Well I'll see what the doctor says, but of course I'm keeping the baby. And I guess Cole will have to step up and we'll have to make things work somehow." I say taking a deep breath. "Well I'll be here to support you and take care of you, and help you with anything that you need, okay? I promise." Camila tells me with a smile and I kiss the top of her head. "Thank you Camz, I love you. We should go to bed though, the girls will be here any minute." I say scratching my sleepy eyes. "You mean like, on different beds?" She says pouting and I chuckle softly. "I guess so." I answer running my fingers through Camila's hair. "Or you could just lock your door, come to my room and crash with me." She proposes with a smile. "I don't know Camz, what if...?" "Lauren please." She interrupts me. "I'll lock my door too and we'll wake up really early to go to the doctor. No one will find out, I promise, I just don't want to be alone tonight, I'm scared." She says almost whispering. "What scares you baby?" I ask squeezing her hand. "That everything will change after tomorrow." She answers biting her lip. "It won't okay? I won't let that happen. You're mine and I won't let anything take you away from me again, I promise." I say holding her face and I see a tear run down her pink cheek. I quickly pull her closer for a sweet kiss, which she reciprocates just as lovingly. "I love you little nugget, please don't forget that." I whisper and she gives me a nervous smile. "Lets go to bed, we have a long day tomorrow." I add holding her hand and guide us to her room. "Thanks Lo, I love you too." She says locking her bedroom door behind us. If she only knew how scared I am. If I'm pregnant my parents will kill me and I'll break up the band and ruin all of my best friends' careers. And I'll end up ruining Camila's life too, how will I be able to live with myself?

Camila's POV:

"Where are you girls going?" Ingrid asks us when we get to the kitchen. We woke up earlier than the rest of the girls, but not earlier than our lovely Ingrid. "Umm we need to..." I start stuttering and feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment. "You know you can't be seen together on your own." Ingrid explains leaving her cup of coffee on the kitchen counter. "We know, there's just something we need to do. Its not public though, I'm sure we won't be seen." Lauren says assuringly. "I'll tell the driver to take. Please be careful, and don't be back too late, you have dance practice after lunch." She says walking with us to the front door. "Of course, we'll be back soon. Thanks Ingrid." I say sweetly, and after saying goodbye we walk to the van together. Lauren seems to be somewhere else though, she barely looks at me and her hands are shaking. "Hey, are you okay? Talk to me." I tell her holding one of her trembling hands. "Yeah, I'm alright, lets get over this already." She answers coldly and gets into the van. "Where are you ladies going?" The driver asks us when we close the door. "To the hospital please." I answer for the both of us and put my hand on Lauren's knee. "Everything will be okay, I promise." I say softly and rest my head on her shoulder, but she doesn't say anything. We sit in silence for the rest of the ride until we get to the hospital. We walk together to the maternity section and Lauren gives out a fake name before we sit in the waiting room. Most people here are older women who probably hopefully won't recognize us anyway, but there are no guarantees. Lauren sits next to me and her legs shake nervously non-stop. I've tried to comfort her all day, but I can't seem to be able to calm her down. "Oh fuck, its my mom. I can't do this, I can't talk to her." She suddenly says staring at her phone. "Does she know about this?" I ask and she shakes her head biting her lip. "Can you talk to her? Please! Tell her we're at the mall or something, I can't do this." Lauren says handing me her phone. "But she hates me." I answer doubting if I should pick up or not. "She doesn't hate you Camila, please do this, for me." She begs and I finally decided to answer. "Hey Clara, its Camila." I say nervously. "Oh, hey, how are you?" She asks me sweetly. "I'm great, thanks! Lauren actually just left me her phone before going to the bathroom. I'll tell her you called." I say trying to hide what I horrible liar I am. "Thank you Camila, that would be great. Are you guys okay? I mean, you and Lo." She asks me with a hint of concern in her voice. "Yes, we're really good friends again." I answer and Clara sighs. "She needs you in her life Camila, please don't give up on her. Even when she's moody and way too sassy." She says with a soft giggle. "I need her in my life too, I love her so much." I tell her and Lauren smiles at me for the first time in a while. "Thank you for everything, I guess I'll call her later. When you come to Miami you need to have dinner with us, okay? And tell your parents too." She says sweetly. I thought the Jaureguis hated me after the videos were released, but I guess I was wrong. "I will, see you soon, goodbye." I say before hanging up and I give Lauren her phone back. "Thanks Camz." She says softly. "No problem. I guess I'll have dinner at your place when we go to Miami." I say giggling and Lauren smiles again. Suddenly a nurse calls Lauren's fake name and a female doctor walks to us. "Hey I'm Dr. Spencer." She says shaking our hands. "Hi, I'm the patient." Lauren says just loud enough for us to listen. "Okay, is she your friend? She can wait here, it won't take too long." She says smiling at me, but Lauren holds my hand. "She's the most important person in my life and I want her with me." She says squeezing my hand tighter. I take a deep breath and follow them to Dr. Spencer's office. I can barely keep my cool. I hadn't really been nervous before, but right now I'm freaking the hell out. Whatever happens will define the rest of our lives.