Chapter 40: Talk, Talk

Lauren's POV:

It's been two weeks since I'm in NYU away from Camila and I have to admit I thought I'd be a lot more miserable than I am right now. I've made a ton of new friends who surprisingly don't really care I'm somewhat famous anymore, the classes so far have been great and Sarah is just fucking awesome. Of course I miss Camila to death, but we text and talk on the phone all the time, making everything a lot more bearable. Camila has been doing really good in L.A. too. She'll start working in her album during the next couple of days and her producer says she could be going on tour before the year ends. But most importantly she seems really happy, and that's what matters the most. When we first took different ways I thought I could never be able to find happiness again, but I guess I was wrong and Camila found happiness without me by her side 24/7 too. And this just really proves how strong our relationship is. If we can live through this, then there's nothing in the world that could break us. "Lauren what the fuck are you waiting for? Get ready asshole!" Sarah suddenly says walking out of the bathroom. "I already told you I'm not going out tonight. I'm tired and have a calc test on Monday and I want to watch Camila's interview." I tell her sitting up straight from my bed. Camila is invited to a popular talk show tonight and I really don't want to miss it. "Come on Lo, its Friday night and we need to get wasted. Why are you even in college if you don't want to party?" Sarah asks sitting next to me. "Um I don't know, because I want to learn, maybe? And who said I don't want to party ever? I just can't go out tonight." I answer firmly. "God, why are you so boring?" She says laying her head on my lap. "I'm not boring, it's just that I have some important things to do tonight." I repeat with a sigh. "And after the interview is over? I can help you with calc tomorrow." She offers with a smile. "Alright, alright. But I'm not drinking and I want to come back early." I answer before she smothers me with a tight hug. "You're awesome!" Sarah tells me and sits back next to me. "Now shut the hell up, the interview will start." I say turning on the TV. I quickly grab my phone and text Camila before everything starts.

To: Camz<3

Good luck babe, I love youu<33

From: Camz<3

Thank youu Lo, I love you more! Can't wait to see you<3

I smile stupidly at my phone before Sarah elbows me. "Wow, love makes you an idiot." She says teasingly. "Shut up." I answer rolling my eyes and then look back at the TV show that's about to start. "Goodnight ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to "Talk Before Midnight"." The hosts announces and the crowd claps cheeringly. "I'm very happy to have our first guest tonight. She's an extremely talented young lady trying to make a name for herself on her own after the successful girl group Fifth Harmony split up. Please welcome the lovely Camila Cabello." He adds and the crowd goes crazy when Camila walks in wearing a flowy white dress, black heels and a bow on her hair. She waves walking and hugs the host affectionately. She looks amazing and I can't keep my eyes off her. "Is that her? She's hot!" Sarah suddenly says and I just nod mesmerized but the image on the TV. Sitting next to the host, Camila smiles at the camera and flips her hair before the questions starts. "So you moved back to L.A. to start recording on your own, how's that going?" He asks her. "Oh its great, my team is amazing and I'm really involved in the creative process which is amazing as well." She answers confidently. It's so weird to remember how she used to be so shy and soft spoken. "But you were used to working with four other girls in the studio, how are things with them?" He asks her and Camila softly bites her lip. "I love my girls to death, we're still really close and their friendship means the world to me." She answers softly smiling at the camera. "Oh, I've heard you are close to one of them." The host teases and Camila laughs. My heart starts to rush like crazy, is she going to speak openly about us or will she decide to keep it a secret for now? "Where did you hear that?" She teases back. "Well I am, and I am very happy with her." She assures and I can't help but smile like an idiot. "So Camren, huh?" He says and Camila nods. "Camren." She repeats and winks at the camera. Oh my God she's so cute I'm going to die. "So are your families okay with this?" The host asks her. "Of course, why wouldn't they be? They know how amazing Lauren is and how happy she makes me, and even though I miss her to death right now, she's my rock and I could've never done this without her." She answers and my eyes start to get teary. "Are you okay?" Sarah asks putting her hand on my shoulder. I nod biting my lip and set my eyes back on the TV. "Young love ladies and gentlemen." The host says with a smile and the crowd cheers. The interview goes on and he keeps asking Camila stuff about the group breaking up, and her new solo career, and she answers every question like a pro. I didn't even realize when she grew up so much. She seems so mature and composed and really confident, and I love to see her like that. She looks truly happy. "So can we expect any shows soon or are you too busy recording?" He asks her. "Well, I am really busy right now, but I was invited to Digifest in New York for a quick performance of a couple of demos and a meet and greet next Friday, so if you're around you should totally come by and say hi." She says with a smile and winks at the camera again. I can't help but scream and jump when she announces she'll be here next week. My heart starts beating like crazy and I can't stop smiling. "Oh my God, chill!" Sarah says laughing. "I'm going to see her next week, I can't believe it!" I say holding my head and I sit back down on my bed. "It was a pleasure to have you Camila, I hope everything works out and you need to come again when your album is out, deal?" He says and Camila giggles softly. "Deal, thank you for having me." She says hugging the host and then walks out of stage while the crowd claps at her. As soon as she goes backstage I call her and after a couple of seconds she picks up. "Surprise!" She says giggling. "Oh my God, you idiot! How could you keep that from me?" I ask with a smile on my face. "I have no idea, but I really can't wait to see you Lo." She says sweetly. "Me neither, I love you so much and that interview was amazing by the way." I tell her. "Thank you, and I love you too, but backstage is crazy and I can't really talk right now." She says and I hear many voices in the background. "Don't worry, just call me when you can." I say softly. "Okay, I love you, and I miss you. See you next week." She says before hanging up in a hurry. I throw my phone on my bed and I keep the stupid smile on my face. I really can't believe I'm going to see her in just a couple of days. "Okay lovebird, now go get ready so we can go out before the damn sun comes up." Sarah says with a smirk. "Okay, I'll be ready in a second." I say and walk to the bathroom. I'm as happy as it gets right now, I'll get to see her in a week, and I'm going to have fun tonight.